Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To be loved

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I wish i knew what it feels like to be loved. To have someone respect you and love you and put you first. I never had that not even from my mother.

Up crying because I realize I'm with someone who puts me last.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PogoPalOj
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Get of that relationship and tell yourself that you are not going to get involved with a man unless he treats you the way you deserve.  You would be surprised how well it works when you demand respect.

When I went out on my first date with my husband, I had decided to make sure he treated me like a lady.  When he picked me up, opened the drivers side door for me to get in and scoot across.  Apparently that is how it is done out in the country.  I walked around to the passenger's side and stood there. 

He asked, "What's the matter?  Is the door locked?"

I told him that I was waiting for him to open the door for me.  I really expected him to get mad and drive off.  Instead he blushed, came around to my side of the pick up and opened the door for me. He even buckled my seat belt for me. "There is that better?", he growled playfully. 

Like I said, demand respect, if they dont give it to you, they are not worth your time.  Oh, and thid might help...

http://www.dailystrength.org/

SoCalTx
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry I have days like that. But learn to love yourself first and it will shine out and you'll attract loving people.
oliveoyl214
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:32 AM

oliveoyl214
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:33 AM

oliveoyl214
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:37 AM
I am too mama. I'm starting to stand up to him as I get ready to leave and he doesn't like it one bit. I'm meant to feel sad and sorry and useless.
Spam72
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:40 AM
Learn to love yourself. Treat yourself like you expect to be treated. Don't take disrespectful behavior from anyone.
readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:19 AM

there will come a point when you will realize its either live this way forever or not one more day....good luck to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM
He did all those things at first. I considered myself lucky. Now 10yrs into our marriage, 13 years into our relationship in not feeling respected at all. I almost feel like he's going out his way to do the opposite of what i ask. It's at the point I've settled on begging for him to come to the grocery store with us so that can be our "family time"

Quoting PogoPalOj:

Get of that relationship and tell yourself that you are not going to get involved with a man unless he treats you the way you deserve.  You would be surprised how well it works when you demand respect.

When I went out on my first date with my husband, I had decided to make sure he treated me like a lady.  When he picked me up, opened the drivers side door for me to get in and scoot across.  Apparently that is how it is done out in the country.  I walked around to the passenger's side and stood there. 

He asked, "What's the matter?  Is the door locked?"

I told him that I was waiting for him to open the door for me.  I really expected him to get mad and drive off.  Instead he blushed, came around to my side of the pick up and opened the door for me. He even buckled my seat belt for me. "There is that better?", he growled playfully. 

Like I said, demand respect, if they dont give it to you, they are not worth your time.  Oh, and thid might help...

http://www.dailystrength.org/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
After the childhood i had I've tried hard to build myself up. Now i feel he's slowly tearing me down. And anytime i voice my concern he tries to flip it as if I'm wrong for my feelings. Slowly makes me realize he doesn't care like he used to

Quoting Anonymous: I am too mama. I'm starting to stand up to him as I get ready to leave and he doesn't like it one bit. I'm meant to feel sad and sorry and useless.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)