• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Password safety?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

So we found out that BM gave my bf's son a password for anyone that is picking him up besides her.her grandma,or babysitter.  When My bf asked why we don't know the password. BM said it was because we see him once a month and she doesn't see a time where we would have to pick him up. We are not even on the list.

My bf and I are hurt. 

Can we contact the school to be put on the list?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:19 AM

BUMP!

DirtyPrincess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Why do you only see him once a month?
sllytnkrbl
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Only a custodial parent can authorize the school pick up list. You cannot call since the child is your bf's and he cannot call unless he has custody as well, the school will require proof of who he is and that he has custody so chances are it will need to be done in person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:24 AM

There were some peoblems early on. BM to my BF to court and got his visatation lowered. Now that I am in the picture we cant to see about getting him more or atleast 50/50.

Quoting DirtyPrincess: Why do you only see him once a month?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:26 AM

My bf is the father. He should be on the list. Hell he shouldn't need to be on the list at all to pick up his son.

Quoting sllytnkrbl: Only a custodial parent can authorize the school pick up list. You cannot call since the child is your bf's and he cannot call unless he has custody as well, the school will require proof of who he is and that he has custody so chances are it will need to be done in person

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Bump!

Yellow_Lileigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:29 AM
PP is right. That's how it works with a non-custodial parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

My bf is the father. He should be on the list. Hell he shouldn't need to be on the list at all to pick up his son.

Quoting sllytnkrbl: Only a custodial parent can authorize the school pick up list. You cannot call since the child is your bf's and he cannot call unless he has custody as well, the school will require proof of who he is and that he has custody so chances are it will need to be done in person

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:40 AM

But he is still a parent.

Quoting Yellow_Lileigh: PP is right. That's how it works with a non-custodial parent.
Quoting Anonymous:

sllytnkrbl
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:25 AM
He may be the father but if they have ever gone to court to establish custody and visitation, then the custodial parent has a right to decide who is authorized to pick up the child. If there is no court order then your bf can add himself to the list. The reason lists exist is because there are circumstances in which one parent is not allowed contact. The lists protect children, there is no way of keeping track of who is not a danger to the child without the list. While it may be inconvenient that your bf has to appear in person and prove his relationship and legal access to his own child, you should be thankful that this list will keep said child safe. My own bf was nearly arrested because of his ex not putting his name on the list to pick up his dd but after it was resolved he was just happy that they were actually paying attention at all, he knows they won't release his dd to just anyone. now he is on the list so there won't be anymore problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Umm.. he knows you.

Passwords are usually for people he doesn't know or doesn't know well.

And if he wants to be able to pick him up from school, maybe he should be in his life more than 12 times a year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)