Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

But Jesus immediately said to them * A Chrisitian post*

Matthew 14:22-33

Jesus Walks on the Water

22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”29 “Come,” he said.Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Make a Friend, Be a Friend, Lead a friend to Christ.

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Yw

Quoting LadyBugMom09: Thank you!! God bless you. :)
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Bump
witchqueen
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:18 PM

While your interpretations are hilarious, my logic tells me that when Jebus says "sell ALL" he actually means all--not some.  Which is illogical, because you then become one of those poor people.  Still, some does NOT mean the same thing as all.  Except in the god-zombie dictionary. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Jesus wasn't telling His followers to give up everything we own. He was making the pointing out to the rich man that his wealth was his god and his possessions were his idols.

Jesus exposed the man's weakness. He was breaking the first commandment.

Quoting witchqueen:

Well, Jebus also said that he would return before those apostles died.  He also said slaves should obey their masters.  He also said he came for "the lost sheep of Israel" and that his apostles should not go to the gentile or Samaritan communities.  He said to sell all that you have and give it to the poor.  Apparently, you don't believe EVERYTHING he says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:28 AM

What are you talking about? He was talking to a rich man that collected trinkets and trophies while the poor had no food. He didn't need them. People do need food to survive.

Why do the actors and actresses need million dollar mansions filled with a bunch of things?

Quoting witchqueen:

While your interpretations are hilarious, my logic tells me that when Jebus says "sell ALL" he actually means all--not some.  Which is illogical, because you then become one of those poor people.  Still, some does NOT mean the same thing as all.  Except in the god-zombie dictionary. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Jesus wasn't telling His followers to give up everything we own. He was making the pointing out to the rich man that his wealth was his god and his possessions were his idols.

Quoting witchqueen:

Well, Jebus also said that he would return before those apostles died.  He also said slaves should obey their masters.  He also said he came for "the lost sheep of Israel" and that his apostles should not go to the gentile or Samaritan communities.  He said to sell all that you have and give it to the poor.  Apparently, you don't believe EVERYTHING he says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM

once again: you take EVERYTHING out of context

Quoting witchqueen:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM

The young man liked his riches. He liked his time. He was unwilling to part with either. 

What Jesus said next was equally important -- the a camel could go through the eye of the needle easier than a rich person will go into heaven. The "eye of the needle" is a small gate in one of the walls in Jerusalem and in order for a camel to pass through it, the camel must get on their knees (which they can do, but is very painful). 

This teaching has more to do with attitudes than anything else. Virtually all of the teachings that Jesus provides deals with the spiritual nature of things, not things to be taken at a very literal level. 

Quoting witchqueen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting witchqueen:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:39 AM

This is the very lesson we just read in church on Sunday. 

lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Yep, ours too! Our pastor gave a wonderful sermon, but she always does!

Quoting Anonymous:

This is the very lesson we just read in church on Sunday. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Great post!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN