Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who should replace my makeup?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1261 Replies
We are visiting our hometown for the weekend. We are staying with my dh's grandparents. They have 2 spare bedrooms, so they have plenty of room to accommodate us. We have all of our stuff stacked neatly in our room. I had my make up bag with it.

My dh's cousin came over with his spawn of satan child yesterday, and apparently let him run wild. The child went into the bedroom that we are staying in, and destroyed my make up. (We weren't there at the time because we were visiting other relatives). He squeezed out all of my concealer, bb cream, moisturizer and primer. He used my eyeshadow as face paint, and dug ruts into ALL of my eyeshadow pallets and blushes. The only things that aren't ruined are the eyeliner and mascara.

We got there after they had already left, and his grandma told me that he had gotten into my makeup and laughed about it. She thought it was cute. After I assessed the damage, I called my dh's cousin and told him that he needed to replace my make up. He told me he'd give me 20 bucks and call it a day. I told him to try again, because my make up was worth way more than that. He then told me that if I was so worried about it, that I should have left it at home, and if I didn't want to replace expensive make up, that I shouldn't have spent that much in the first place. I am livid

Eta: I'm only adding because people are saying take the 20 and move on...I have A LOT of makeup. And none of it was cheap. I probably had 500+ dollars worth of make up in that bag.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM
114 moms liked this
Your cousin should pay to replace it. It was his lack of attention to his child that led to the destruction.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Take the 20 and move on.
XxMandazX
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Yep..

Quoting Diamepphyre: Your cousin should pay to replace it. It was his lack of attention to his child that led to the destruction.
mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Yeah the cousin would be replacing it.
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I would take the $20 and be done. It's not worth the fight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this
20 wouldn't even put a dent in it. I am a make up hoarder, for one. And I don't use drug store make up.

A bb cream alone is 39 bucks. An eyeshadow pallet is around 50

Quoting notjstasocermom: Take the 20 and move on.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:45 AM
13 moms liked this
20 wouldn't pay for my powder alone.

Quoting notjstasocermom: Take the 20 and move on.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:45 AM
6 moms liked this
Take the $20 graciously. Yes, they are on the wrong, but we should make concessions for family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:46 AM
4 moms liked this
It is your cousin's fault for not watching his kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:46 AM
9 moms liked this
I think if you don't drop it you're likely to create a lot of unnecessary family drama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)