• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alcohol off limits to Moms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
Now I barely ever drink. Maybe 2-3 a year. But I realise why. Every time I feel like it would be nice to get a little something, I have all the children with me. And with children under 18 not allowed in liquor stores..... No drink for mommy lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

lmao you do realize they mean no children under 18 alone in the liquor store. If your children are with you an adult, they can go in with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM
With 4 to keep an eye on I dare not risk it

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao you do realize they mean no children under 18 alone in the liquor store. If your children are with you an adult, they can go in with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this

well if your children cant behave I wouldnt risk it either.

Quoting Anonymous: With 4 to keep an eye on I dare not risk it
Quoting Anonymous:

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:08 AM

We have always had a fully stocked bar so that has never been an issue for me.

I used to take the kids with me into the store.

the.B.karma
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:08 AM

This like makes, no sense. Can't you just pick a drink up at a gas station? Or I mean, just plan ahead and buy something when you can - even if you save it for awhile?

I don't drink often either. I do like to drink and do whenever I really want, but it only happens 1-2 times a year. I have a couple twisteds sitting in my fridge though for a rainy day.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Word. I'm not paying for liquor I didn't even get to drink lol

Quoting Anonymous:

well if your children cant behave I wouldnt risk it either.

Quoting Anonymous: With 4 to keep an eye on I dare not risk it

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM

How much are you drinking?! Do you have a problem just having one beer or one glass of wine? In that case you probably shouldn't drink in front of your kids, as most studies show kids emulate their parents drinking habits. 

Occasionally I have a glass of wine in the presence of my kids. GASP! The horror! Lol. 

echoishername
by Misty on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Idk where op lives, but in PA, our gas stations don't sell alcohol.

Quoting the.B.karma:

This like makes, no sense. Can't you just pick a drink up at a gas station? Or I mean, just plan ahead and buy something when you can - even if you save it for awhile?

I don't drink often either. I do like to drink and do whenever I really want, but it only happens 1-2 times a year. I have a couple twisteds sitting in my fridge though for a rainy day.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Or....you can make friends with someone that brews their own..depending on what you like of course. Wine takes about a month to 6 weeks to make, cider and beer take about that long as well.
We make beer, cider and wine...it works for me as I always have something available that I like...mainly wine as I hate beer.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
You can get beer and wine at the grocery store, just pick some up during your regular shopping trip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)