Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 3yo dd LOVES to sleep..

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • 13 Replies
Idk if I should feel lucky or worried. She went to bed around 9:30 last night and it is now a little after 9am and she is still sound asleep. This has been the norm for her for awhile. And she will also WANT to take a nap later. I have to wake her up from her naps too. Should I be concerned?
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM
I don't think so. I think you are lucky! 12 hours of sleep is pretty normal for kids that age though.
yayasdaughter
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Isn't that including a nap though? Maybe I'm wrong.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think so. I think you are lucky! 12 hours of sleep is pretty normal for kids that age though.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Consider yourself blessed, lol. DS wasn't sleeping through the night at that age.
Tea_Love
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I don't think it is cause for alarm, she may be going through a growth spurt but it sounds like you may be a little worried. If it will set your mind at ease maybe take her in to the doc, it can't hurt and it will make you feel better. What is her diet like? Is she getting enough iron? 

yayasdaughter
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Yeah we eat really healthy. Idk. Its 9:30 now and she is still sleeping. Lol. :/

Quoting Tea_Love:

I don't think it is cause for alarm, she may be going through a growth spurt but it sounds like you may be a little worried. If it will set your mind at ease maybe take her in to the doc, it can't hurt and it will make you feel better. What is her diet like? Is she getting enough iron? 

DinoBug5959
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Count yourself lucky. My 3 year old DSS woke up at 5 AM today. 

And don't even mention naptime around him because all hell will break loose. 

zeenah
by Zarah on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:30 AM
My 2.5 yo is the same. She went to bed at 8:30 and she just woke up for breakfast at 9. She'd also nap if I let her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Seriously?

Quoting Danesmommy1: Consider yourself blessed, lol. DS wasn't sleeping through the night at that age.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM
My daughter does this when she goes through growth spurts.
Tea_Love
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Lol you lucky duck! Mine is sick so he woke up at 5 and by the time I gave him a snuggle and put him back down I couldn't get back to sleep. Wahhhhh :'( Enjoy it and if you are still feeling a niggle about it in a week or so take her in to set your mind at ease :) 

Quoting yayasdaughter: Yeah we eat really healthy. Idk. Its 9:30 now and she is still sleeping. Lol. :/
Quoting Tea_Love:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)