Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH came home at 2am...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
Drunk off his ass. He is usually a pretty good guy. He left right before dinner with his brother to run an errand. They stopped at their cousins house. He never called or texted me to let me know where he was. I called him at 10 and he said I'll be home shortly. 4 hours later he finally gets home and he's wasted. Swears he just lost track of time. They were just hanging and playing guitar. Was really defensive and starting to get upset with me! I learned a long time ago not to argue with a drunk person so I couldn't even yell at him. He sporadically vomited through the night and I was kinda glad. Serves him right lol. I don't care that he went there, I don't care that he was drunk, I care that he didn't feel I was important enough to call or text (Or answer my calls)! I was worried he was in jail or had a car wreck. Now I'm exhausted but I had to be up with the kids while he's still sleeping it off. Ugh! Men! I have a valid point right?

P.S. I know for a fact he was at his cousins and not cheating or anything-he's really not that guy.

P.S.S. His brother was driving, not him.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taramac
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't let him sleep; I would walk around the house and make as much noise as possible lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Right?! Lol I was thinking of making eggs and putting a plate by the bed just so he could smell it. Ass.

Quoting taramac: I wouldn't let him sleep; I would walk around the house and make as much noise as possible lol.

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Yeah you do but also if this isn't a habit I'd let it go rather easy. Yeah chew him out and make him a bit miserable, but only for like an hour. Then set ground rules that this stuff gets planned or he calls you first.
That was an asshole move.
L202M
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I really don't understand why some people have such a problem letting other people (wife etc) know where they are. What's the big deal with just sending a simple text saying that you'll be home later so that the other person doesn't have to wonder and worry.  They feel like they have to "answer" to someone when in fact it's just being considerate. I can kind of understand a guy not wanting to call his wife because he wouldn't want to look whipped in front of his buddies (stupid immature guy stuff). ..but a text couldn't be easier.

When my son was a teenager, we had the same argument. He felt that he was old enough not to have to tell me when he was coming home. I explained that his father and I both did that for each other and it wasn't a case of control, but letting the other person not worry.  He understood and now sends me texts all the time.  He's a good kid.

Kimicora
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Plus don't forget if something DOES happen it will help cops or other people find him faster to get him help and safer faster

Quoting L202M:

I really don't understand why some people have such a problem letting other people (wife etc) know where they are. What's the big deal with just sending a simple text saying that you'll be home later so that the other person doesn't have to wonder and worry.  They feel like they have to "answer" to someone when in fact it's just being considerate. I can kind of understand a guy not wanting to call his wife because he wouldn't want to look whipped in front of his buddies (stupid immature guy stuff). ..but a text couldn't be easier.

When my son was a teenager, we had the same argument. He felt that he was old enough not to have to tell me when he was coming home. I explained that his father and I both did that for each other and it wasn't a case of control, but letting the other person not worry.  He understood and now sends me texts all the time.  He's a good kid.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
If this was a one time thing, I'd let it go. If he's pulling shit like this all the time, I'd have a big problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Yes it was! He doesn't ever do anything like this except when he leaves with his brother. It's like they get so excited to be out they can't be bothered to let me (or his brothers gf) know what's going on. It's annoying as hell.

Quoting cntrdmom: Yeah you do but also if this isn't a habit I'd let it go rather easy. Yeah chew him out and make him a bit miserable, but only for like an hour. Then set ground rules that this stuff gets planned or he calls you first.
That was an asshole move.
abuckalew
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Do it!

Quoting taramac: I wouldn't let him sleep; I would walk around the house and make as much noise as possible lol.

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Go clean under the bed and vaccume the bedroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM
You are so right. That's what I was trying to tell him last night. I just kept saying "Really? No text, no call, nothing?? Its f'ing 2 am!" Then he started getting loud and for the sleeping kids sake I just dropped it. I know he'll be apologetic today but man was I pissed last night!!

I just kept thinking he would flip his shit if I disappeared til 2am without a call! Such a double standard!

And I'm glad your son got it! It sucks to worry about loved ones!

Quoting L202M:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)