• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dh thinks I owe him an apology...do I?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Dh and I got into a fight last night and I am not talking to him. Dh has way of belittling me when I talk about my feelings. Last night I told dh I was frustrated that stuff keeps breaking around the house. For some unknown reason to me our master bedroom toilet won't stop running after you flush. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it and it hasn't worked. So now after going to the bathroom you have to shut the water off until you use it again. Our bed in our room is squeaky as hell when you climb in and move around. The headboard is loose due to stripped bolts just like the foot board. It's quite annoying. We can't find any nut's, bolts or screws long enough to fit. It's like they were customers made for the bed. Our front door won't open. I don't know why. I left thrusday to run some errands. I locked the front and back door. I came home, unlocked the front door and the fron't door still wouldn't open. I went around back and into the house. The front door was jammed up shut pretty tight. Dh can't even get the door unwedged. He tried taking the door knob off but it did nothing the door only budged a little.

I told dh I was fed up! That I was sick of stuff breaking. I went grocery shopping and had to carry the groceries all the way around through the backyard. It sucked and took twice as long. He started screaming at me about how he can't just go out like that and buy a new house. That we are stuck here and I'm just gonna have to shut up and put up. He said that our kids are good kids and I'll be damned if i'm going to change my parenting style because your pissed about the front door and you think it's our fault.

I told him that I didn't say anything about our kids nor did I say anything about buying a house. I said I was pissed off at shit breaking and your idea is to cheaply rig it instead of fix it. I just want to be able to go in and out my front door and to use the bathroom without a big ordeal. He started in with how I've been hanging around my dad too much because this never was an issue until I came back from spending the day with my dad. I tried to explain that for the past 4 days I haven't been able to use my front door or properly flush my toilet.he told me to f*co off and I said fine and walked away. He slept on the couch. He left for work this morning around 4 am and we haven't spoken. I don't plan on speaking to him anytime soon.

Ugh!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:38 AM
I would have been a lot harsher to him, but I'm known to be a bitch.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like you are both stressed about things and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. If he can't fix the issues, call someone who can and get it fixed. Then figure out why youre both so angry.

alli1204
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I would be upset if I were you, too!
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Sounds like you both flew off the handle and owe each other an apology. Your pissed that things are broken and he is tired of hearing you bitch about it. Sounds like you both have tried to fix these things and it just isn't working. So the only option would be to hire someone to fix them. If its not in the budget right now, then you'll just have to deal with it.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Sounds like he's feeling the pressure of being a man and taking it out on you. When something breaks in our house, my husband fixes it. And trust me, that's not his area of expertise, but he'll be damned if he's not going to take care of something he paid so much to own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sportbominable
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Just hire a handyman. Luckily my husband is a contractor and knows how to do all that stuff. He would also never talk to me like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM
My so called "anger," is simply the broken door, broken toilet and squeaky bed. My dh on the other hand has a "not feeling like a real man complex," because he's 33 years old with 4 kids and we currently are renting. The landlord won't cover the door nor the toilet. So our are expenses.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Sounds like you are both stressed about things and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. If he can't fix the issues, call someone who can and get it fixed. Then figure out why youre both so angry.

rgba
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Of course you should apologize. You were rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM
My dh is a construction contractor. He knows how to change out. The locks on the front door but refuses to for some reason. The toilet now that is something he knows nothing about. I know more than he does.

Quoting Sportbominable:

Just hire a handyman. Luckily my husband is a contractor and knows how to do all that stuff. He would also never talk to me like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Hire someone! This stuff is not worth the stress its causing in your life!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)