• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spoiling myself this weekend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
The last few months have been insanely stressful. My job duties doubled at work, I've been working 60 hours a week (and I'm salary so I don't even get to enjoy ON pay). I'm a single mom of a very difficult 4 year old who constantly fights me with everything I say. And my bf is trying to wean himself off of Xanax (it's prescription he doesn't abuse it. But he got laid off from work and lost his insurance). And has been having afwul withdrawls. I haven't been sleeping because he's been having seizures.
So this weekend dd is at her dads. I'm not on call and the bf is coming out of withdrawls. So I decided to come visit my sister. I got a really nice hotel with the biggest bath tub I've ever seen in my life.
I have spent at least 6 hours in there this weekend. I've read a book. Gave myself a mani/pedi and have gouged myself on junk food lol. And SLEPT. I slept for 14 hours last night. I feel wonderful today. I'm going to meet some friends for lunch then drive home. I've got all my favorite songs downloaded and am actually looking forward to 7 hours in the car alone with my own music :). Oh and I did see my sister and nephew for a little bit yesterday ;).

I needed this. I wish I had a whole week of this!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I'm glad you're getting a break, enjoy it.

Benzo withdrawals suck ass and are dangerous. It doesn't sound like he was going about it the right way if he's having seizures. I had to come off ativan when I found out I was pregnant. I followed the doctors instructions, it wasn't fun, but I didn't seize.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:09 AM

You need to talk with work. Either get paid for all that extra work or stop doing it. Thats just crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM
He did it cold turkey... I begged him to go the ER those first few days, but he wouldn't. He's doing much better. He is staying with his parents this weekend while I am gone.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm glad you're getting a break, enjoy it.

Benzo withdrawals suck ass and are dangerous. It doesn't sound like he was going about it the right way if he's having seizures. I had to come off ativan when I found out I was pregnant. I followed the doctors instructions, it wasn't fun, but I didn't seize.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Hopefully after next week it will get better. When I had jobs added on there was a lot of stuff that I needed to fix. I've almost got things set up the right way.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

You need to talk with work. Either get paid for all that extra work or stop doing it. Thats just crazy.

momofthree0429
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
That sounds awesome! Enjoy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Glad you enjoyed it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)