Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you usually get a good amount of financial aid for community college?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

What are the guidelines?

I really want to get an exercise science degree at a community college, but there's no way I can afford it without aid. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Texor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Depends on your income.  Go fill out a FAFSA and find out! 

But yes, usually grants are enough to cover the tution at CC.

http://www.fafsa-application.com/preparer.php/?s=GOOGLE&gclid=Cj0KEQjwsJyfBRC729Oy5Pf26ekBEiQAYtd9QaxfAyPANB97QE_FlZu-5fsEqjzSxfklMBiWRAM6Q_MaAoK68P8HAQ

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM

go to fafsa.gov and fill it out. No way of knowing what you might get without filling out those forms

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Yes depending on your income. You need to fill out the FASFA and look on the school's website for scholarship opportunities. I work full time and DH is higher ranking enlisted military but I still qualified and didn't pay anything.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM

It depends on a number of factors.  I couldn't because I was married and didn't have children at the time, so we made too much to qualify.  Your best bet is to go and talk to a financial aid person at the school. 

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM

You'd have to fill out the FASFA and then go to the school and talk to someone in financial aid.

Cass84
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Yes fill out a fasa to apply and you will get a student aid report which tells you how much you qualify for. But I think you missed the deadline for this year. It's January-may I believe? Double check.
When I went as a full time student 7 years ago, my income was less than $25000 and my class fees were waived, I also got a grant(free money not a loan) for $1300 per semester to help with living expenses. I know there are book waivers too, but you have to jump on those fast! But the amount could be higher or lower depending in your income.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)