Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm having a miscarriage :( UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM
  • 39 Replies

I've miscarried once before back in 2011 but I was about 12 weeks along so it was a lot more intense (pain wise) than what I'm experiencing now.

I found out this past week that I am pregnant with our 4th child. I can't be more than 5 weeks a long. I've been cramping the past few days and bleeding. First the blood was brown so I didn't think much about it, then a couple days ago it turned bright red. I noticed a brownish reddish clot in the toilet too. I'm still cramping and bleeding. The cramping isn't horrible but then again when I have my period, I don't cramp all that bad so I guess I could say this cramping is worse. 

Well I woke up Friday and the bleeding has started clotting more so I decided to go into the ER HOPING they could tell me more than what I thought I already knew. They confirmed the pregnancy, told me I was clotting but that didn't neccessarily mean miscarriage. They didn't see anything on an ultrasound because it was too early (which I figured would happen) so I left there knowing pretty much as little as I did going in..which I had a feeling would happen.

It's the not knowing now thats killing me. It's like emotional torture not knowing one way or the other. I'm bleeding like a period now (last period was 6/28), mild to no cramps, occasional clotting about dime to nickle sized. I'm reading online about women who have had period like bleeding and continued to have a normal pregnancy and others with no cramping who've miscarried. And my poor husband has no clue how to be with me. He was so excited about the pregnancy and loved touching my belly but now he does it with a half smile but saddness in his eyes. I just want to know :(

Has anyone here gone through a lot of bleeding in early pregnancy to go on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Update: I went back in. I lost the baby. Thank you ladies for the kind words and advice. I really appreciate it :)

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have anything useful to say, but I wanted to give you a hug! ((Hugs)) I'm so sorry you're going through this.
rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I'm sorry you're going through this. I had a miscarriage before also. I bled for 9 days which is longer than my normal periods and I was 7 weeks along. How long have you been bleeding for? A friend of mine had a clot early in pregnancy and ended up carrying to term with twins. I wish your family the best. I hope the outcome is good!
Dee0886
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Thank you.

I've been bleeding for almost a week now counting the dark brown blood I first experienced. It started getting brighter about Wed or Thurs now it's like a full blown period.

Quoting rjsmommy214: I'm sorry you're going through this. I had a miscarriage before also. I bled for 9 days which is longer than my normal periods and I was 7 weeks along. How long have you been bleeding for? A friend of mine had a clot early in pregnancy and ended up carrying to term with twins. I wish your family the best. I hope the outcome is good!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:52 AM
:( I'm sorry. I've been there with the not knowing, its rough. I've never had bleeding not be a miscarriage for me.
Bubsy
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I'm sorry, OP :( No experience personally, but my mother bled for the majority of her 3rd pregnancy and I have a healthy happy 10 year old brother. Good luck!!
redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM
A friend on my fb due date group had placenta issues that caused her to bleed and clot. I believe she just delivered her healthy baby girl.

I've never experienced any blood with my pregnancies. Good luck mama!

((((((((STICKY DUST))))))))))
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Sorry OP.  No advice here.  Just a hug.  I hope you get some answers soon.  Maybe see you gyno Monday.  They can do blood work and give you some answers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM
The clotting concerns me. I bled with both of my pregnancies, but never had clotting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM

This. I had issues with my placenta attaching and bled through an entire pregnancy. It also caused me to be unable to feel most of her movements and she was EXTREMELY hard to find her heartbeat. It was unbelievabely scary the whole time and I honestly believed that I was going to lose her. She is now a bright, beautiful, happy 10 year old.

Quoting redneckmama4: A friend on my fb due date group had placenta issues that caused her to bleed and clot. I believe she just delivered her healthy baby girl. I've never experienced any blood with my pregnancies. Good luck mama! ((((((((STICKY DUST))))))))))

lyranightshade
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM

When I was pregnant with my oldest, around six months along, I woke up covered in blood. I mean, like the elevator doors opening on The Shining. I thought for sure I'd lost him. I couldn't feel him moving. I called my mom home from work who drove me to the ER. We didn't talk the entire time...it excruciating. But he was fine. Absolutely fine. They called it a subchorionic bleed...said it happened sometimes. I bled off and on for the rest of my pregnancy. He's a perfectly healthy, weird, super intelligent six year old who's playing with Legos in his Angry Birds underoos while Scooby Doo is on right now. 
Here's some sticky dust, OP! I hope everything is okay. Don't worry until they tell you it's time to worry.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)