Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When do those of you Pro-Choicers believe life begins?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 588 Replies
I am honestly curious.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM
71 moms liked this

I've never disagreed about when life begins.  There is a life that begins a conception, but it is not an entity that deserves equal rights as that of the host that carries it until sentience (which isn't developed enough until close to viability).  Before viability/sentience, the "host" has any and all say on whether or not the life remains within its body.

The vast majority of abortions performed are performed well before this point.  As for those rare incidents where a "late term" is performed, there is generally a medical reason behind it.  

MelDyann
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this
Conception
purple_panda
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty much this.

Quoting randi1978:

I've never disagreed about when life begins.  There is a life that begins a conception, but it is not an entity that deserves equal rights as that of the host that carries it until sentience (which isn't developed enough until close to viability).  Before viability/sentience, the "host" has any and all say on whether or not the life remains within its body.

The vast majority of abortions performed are performed well before this point.  As for those rare incidents where a "late term" is performed, there is generally a medical reason behind it.  

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
This exactly.

Quoting randi1978:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this

Quoting randi1978:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this
This.

Quoting randi1978:

Schnauzerlov869
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I was thinking most pro-choice ppl thought it's not a life at conception. So then you do consider it a life?
Texor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM

This.

Quoting randi1978:

AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM
6 moms liked this

Life is a circle, there is no beginning.

BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM
4 moms liked this
Exactly this something can be life without being alive and afforded human rights.

Quoting randi1978:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN