Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you leave the shopping cart in the parking cart of the kids in the car?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
Long story short my grocery store kind of sucks. We are in a pretty small town and only have the one store. The carts are stored inside the store in the front and middle. There is no cart return outside the store. To turn the cart in you have to walk into the store, walk to the middle part along the front, and then turn it in there.

Well if I am alone or with my oldest I take it back (she is 10 and will walk with me no big deal) well when I have the younger kids 18 months, 3 months, and 3 months I can not figure out how to take it back safely. It is impossible to hold two baby car seats and my 18 month olds hands at the same time. It would be one thing if the cart return was a few eilse over from the car but walking all they way in the store with them in the cart and trying to get back to the car just doesnt work. Plus the place is always so busy I never get to be in the front. My 18 month old 95% of the time will walk right next to me while holding onto my pocket but she did dart once( in this exact parking lot) and I am terrified to do that anymore. I usually only go during the day when my oldest is in school and DH is working so getting more help isnt really an option.

Well the question is would you leave your kids in the car to return the cart.....or just not return the cart.

I know it might be a silly question but I have seen people extremely against BOTH so I am curious as to what you would do.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM
I would not return it.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM
It depends. If i can see my car the whole time, yes. Otherwise, no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Not return the cart. Theat is what they have employees for, to get the carts. Yes, even if they don't have a cart return outside, I'm pretty sure one if the workers can walk and get it.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

If the 10 year old is there I would leave them in the car and return it.

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM
It'd be staying in the parking lot. I don't even care if people think its lazy, I'm not lugging three kid back into the store to return it. Not my fault they don't have at least one return out there, stores usually pay someone to collect them.
Tranquil_Octopi
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I have left the kids in the car to return the cart. However, I leave the car on, doors locked and they are 8,7 and 5. 

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
3 moms liked this
Im a believer in returning your carts

However in your situation I wouldnt. Thats shitty they dont have atleast one return thing. Even my tiny podunk store has one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Yeah I cant see the car. I have to walk into the store to return it. It is pretty silly I think because even people without kids dont like doing it.

Quoting kailu1835: It depends. If i can see my car the whole time, yes. Otherwise, no.
ZombieMeat37
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:50 AM
7 moms liked this

How do you get them into the store from your car, if there are no shopping carts in the parking lot?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:50 AM
We have a local grocery store without cart corrals so they have employees go out to the parking lot with customers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)