Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gastric bypass

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
What are your thoughts on gastric bypass?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ladymaleficent
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Too scary
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM
I think it is a wonderful option for people who have trouble losing weight and need to lose weight. It is not the easy way out. You still have to work at it. It is a permanent lifestyle change.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I know several people who have had it with varying degrees of success. Some have been able to keep their weight down,post-surgery, by changing their eating & exercise habits but it reportedly was quite a challenge for most.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I had one in 03 and couldn't be happier.
xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:42 PM
I know someone who had it done about 5 or 6 years ago. She lost weight the first 2 years but never made it down to healthy weight. Now she's back above 400lbs again where she started off. People think its a miracle cure & you can lay around & sit on your ass and melt away the pounds. Not always the case.

*She only lost weight to begin wit because of the violent vomiting it gave her. Once she could eat again that was it, she got huge again*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I personally think its sucks.  I have yet to know of anyone who has had it done where the benefits outweigh the cost.  Everyone I know seem to have more health/emotional problems after the surgery than before even though they all proclaim its the best thing they could have ever done.

I personally believe that the only real and true way of losing weight is the hard way which is exercise and eating right. 

theTosh.O
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:49 PM

It's kind of the lazy way out, but I want one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)