Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it selfish?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
My best friends moved out of state recently.
Next fall I'm scheduled to have surgery. Its not life threatening but it will take me a few days (guestimate 4 days) before I can be released from the hospital and a few weeks (6-8 weeks) before I can participate in every day activities.
Is it selfish of me to ask my friend to come back and stay with me during the hospital stay?
*My dh will have the children to tend to plus work (kids are school age) so he won't be able to come in and stay with me the whole time. I won't have any other family members around to come for the hospital stay (they are helping with the 6-8 weeks after).
And I would pay for her flight, I or dh would pick her up at the airport, pay for her meals/snacks at the hospital, take her back to the airport, pay for her flight home.
She'd be welcome to leave and visit family/friends when dh could come in (evenings) so she wouldn't be stuck there 100% of the time.
I just want my best friend there.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
echoishername
by Misty on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I don't think so. My friends would do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Not selfish to ask.... Selfish to demand.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM

It's not selfish to ask her if she would, and offer to pay for her flight there and home.  It would only be selfish if you expect her to agree to it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)