Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 years

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Do you think 2 years is an extremely long engagement? Df proposed to me. We live across the country from each other tho. He is currentlying in Virginia doing inpatient rehab due to a motorcycle accident that almost killed him while he was stationed here in az. He sustained a horrible tbi. Like to a ppint where he didn't really remember dating me.It was like he was living in his own world min to min. I never lost faith in him tho. Over a year later he is doing amazing and we are great. He has minor memory issues like with short term memory. He still needs about 15 more surgery on his mouth and ligaments on his knee and ankle. We wanted to wait till that is done and then hopefully the army would have med boarded him by then. I was talking to friends about it and they think it's ridiculous to have such a long engagement. Did you have a long engagement?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM
No, you can't marry a guy who doesn't remember you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Did he propose before or after the accident? If it was after, 2 years is fine. If it was before, I'd break it off until he got better. I wouldn't really pursue an actual marriage until he was better and had a few months or a year away from the center and back into his life. Does that make sense?

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM
It was less than seven months from our first date to our wedding day.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:23 PM
We were engaged 6 years.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM
We met in 98, married in 99. But, our circumstances weren't near as challenging as yours.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
We were engaged almost 4 years when we got married.

So, no I don't think 2 years is a long engagement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM
After the accident. And it does make sense. We both figured 2 years give him more healing time. 2 years will be 3 years from the time of the accident.

Quoting Anonymous: Did he propose before or after the accident? If it was after, 2 years is fine. If it was before, I'd break it off until he got better. I wouldn't really pursue an actual marriage until he was better and had a few months or a year away from the center and back into his life. Does that make sense?

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I think its fine. You have a perfectly good reason to be engaged that long. Not that you need one really. Not everyone can afford a wedding 6 months after getting engaged.

We were engaged for 3 years. We got engaged after 3 months. We wanted to get jobs, our own apartment and live together for a while first. Plus we had to save for the wedding. We couldn't just pull the money out of our ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Lol well he does remember me now. The only thing he has a hard time remember is a day or so before the accident. He even remembers moments before his motorcycle accident.

Quoting Anonymous: No, you can't marry a guy who doesn't remember you.
MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Considering the situation, no 2yrs is not long.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)