Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

facebook *sigh*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I know another dreadful Facebook post but I got a question.

The problem:
I'm from Texas but I live in Washington. I use Facebook to keep in contact with family in Texas (like my mother) and let them see my DD. But my mom and step dad tag me in ALL their posts. And invite me to events they know I can't go to! (My sister does this one a lot) a get it they are trying to involve me in their life. But its been 2 years!! Let it go! I'm tired of being tagged in them and having to remove my tags and them getting all butthurt.

The question:
How do I ask them nicely to stop tagging and inviting me with out hurting feelings.

My moms bipolar and lives to pull at the heart strings to make everyone the bad guy so if I say something remotely hurtful somehow I'll be the freaking devil. And how I abandoned her.there's no one left to love her and take care of her. My step dad is going to be blocked again soon because he's mean.talks about how he f* ing hates this person or that on my page. Iv asked him to settle down already though.

She also keep posting on my photos and posts about how much she misses us and how she cries all the time. So I already look bad because I took her precious grand baby.
Now I feel mean for felling annoyed... There's history to my moms emotional pull on me. Now I'm just ranting.... I'm annoyed too because I got a call they want me to either send them money or co-sign for my brother loan for a new car. He's wrecked 2 this year. And my "evil" dad won't do it he just fixes his credit why let them ruin it?!?!

I'm feeling ornery sorry if it's long
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:21 PM
You can set it in privacy. Set it so that people can't tag you or need your approval before it posts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Iv started doing that but its so aggravating regecting tag after tag. And the ohots are there for her to see so she doesn't miss out because she is grandma and they need pictures but the comments are so frustrating. She does it to make me feel bad and it works!

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink: You can set it in privacy. Set it so that people can't tag you or need your approval before it posts.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that you can change your permissons on FB to where you have to approve a tag before it goes through...it may just be for pics, though. Other than that...I'd either just ignore them or unfriend them. I get guilt trips and passive aggressive comments about me living far away from my family and I understand how annoying it can be.

echoishername
by Misty on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I'd just delete them. Lol
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I used to be tagged all the time. I'll have to check and see if there's a way to completely remove being tagged.

Quoting Anonymous: Iv started doing that but its so aggravating regecting tag after tag. And the ohots are there for her to see so she doesn't miss out because she is grandma and they need pictures but the comments are so frustrating. She does it to make me feel bad and it works!

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink: You can set it in privacy. Set it so that people can't tag you or need your approval before it posts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I'm not alone! Thank you. Yeah I have it set to approv it just gets annoying to deny them ... Then they get butthurt I deny it like they check to see if I'm still tagged? Its so weird

Quoting The_Doodle:

I'm pretty sure that you can change your permissons on FB to where you have to approve a tag before it goes through...it may just be for pics, though. Other than that...I'd either just ignore them or unfriend them. I get guilt trips and passive aggressive comments about me living far away from my family and I understand how annoying it can be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I wish but if I do that I'll have her crying on my phone. Why don't I love her anymore and I don't want that either. If I delete my face book I'll get pestered for me to mail her photis

Quoting echoishername: I'd just delete them. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I remove the tag. Its easy. They just get offended when I do

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink: I used to be tagged all the time. I'll have to check and see if there's a way to completely remove being tagged.

Quoting Anonymous: Iv started doing that but its so aggravating regecting tag after tag. And the ohots are there for her to see so she doesn't miss out because she is grandma and they need pictures but the comments are so frustrating. She does it to make me feel bad and it works!

.PinkHart.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I have mine set to where I have to approve tags before they appear on my timeline. I just ignore them. My BM relentlessly tags me, but none of her shit is on my wall lol.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Why don't you want to be invited to things?  What harm  or inconvience is it to be facebook invited to something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)