Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms that do mommy/DD dates, mommy/son dates...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
So my DH and I want to start doing daddy/DD dates, daddy/son dates, mommy/DD dates, and mommy/son dates.

We are expecting our 4th soon and don't want our older kids to feel left out or like they don't get enough time with us. They are 6(DS), 5(DD), AND 2(DS). They boys are easy for us to figure out what to do stuff with but there isn't really a lot to do around here with little girls.

We don't have to do anything really special all the time, maybe go get ice cream and go to the park, or for eat lunch just the 2 people.

My DH thinks it would be a cool idea for me to take DD once a month and get manicures/pedicures but I've only ever had my nails done once and that was 2 days ago for my sisters wedding. I don't know what all they do or even if that is something I can take an almost 6year old to do.

Anyone know if this is a possible thing to do with a kid that young? Or should I they to do something else?

I wouldn't be getting her the fake nails but they could paint her nails and what not.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ANewMe0812
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I've seen people take little girls that age for manis and pedis. It usually only consists of cleaning up the nails and then putting some polish on them.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Sure, that would be fun! They do mani/pedis for little girls.
AlleyCat08
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Most places will do small children. The place I get my nails and toes done has a special child rate. Simple clip, file and paint. Call around and ask.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM
There are smaller chairs specifically for little kids at many pedi salons :
eyegal2020
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM

You can take a 5 year old to do that. I took my daughter once and she got bored. She said she woukld rather me paint her nails at home. When my 5 year old dd and I have "dates" she loves the movies. She is also happy with the park and lunch. I understand your dilemma because I live in a small town with limited activities as well. My dd LOVES bowling. She likes the simple things. Don't try too hard. I am sure she will just be glad to be with you.

RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Yes, of course!  I take my neice all the time.  She's 8 now, but I think she was 3 the first time.

hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I've done this with my dd since she was 3 she is now 13 :) she will love it!! You both will love the relaxation and spending priceless time together
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I use to take my daughter at age 3 for a pedicure and nails painted.. she loved it. Now at age 6, it's kind of our thing now :) I love our mommy daughter dates.

My son and are for our date, I take him for ice cream and we will go down and feed the ducks corn.

My SO and son go get their hair done together, and then they head out to lunch together and when he takes our daughter, they go to lunch or see a movie since she is now older, before he would take her to the park

JC2223
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I was taking my DD for "mani/pedi's" starting at 4yo. All they really do is clean the nails, shape them and paint them. DD is now 10 and DH and I still each do "dates" with her. We've taken her to the movies, mini golf, picnic lunches at the park, walks, bike rides, ice cream, dinner. DH and her love going antiquing together. It doesn't have to be much or expensive, as long as it's quality time alone with each parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

LOL... hell yeah you can take a 6 yr old!

If you want to do it on the cheap side just ask for a color change. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)