Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he should have given us some money update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
So bil moved in with us a month ago. We have provided eveything including all food and for 2 weeks he has been using one of our vehicles. Leaving me without one because around the time he found a job two weeks ago there was a mishap with his truck. He got paid on Thursday and didn't us any money. Friday he didn't come home, didn't give us anything yesterday. Dh said when they went to go get bil truck today he will mention it to him.

Btw, he also told us he would give us money when he got paid. Idk. I hope dh mention it to him today because he has been living her free for over a Month, eating free and using my vehicle.

Update:
Great now I am not as much worried about the Money issues because dh just called me and told me that now nothing other than the head lights are working on the truck. Eveything worked fine until his truck was vandalize. The windshield wipers aren't working and we live in Florida and we in the middle o hurricane season where it rains all the time. Bil says he can't drive it. I told dh he's going to have to figure out something because my kids are going back to school and I need my vehicle. They don't ride the bus for personal reasons and I have doctor appointments for my kids..
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Im sorry but I dont think your dh will say anything to him.. I know that may sound harsh but I think he's giving you lip service to save an argument with you. If he does pat him on the back, but thats his blood and if this has only happened once then your a good person for helping someone out when they need you the most! Thats called family sweetheart. Now if he's someone that does this all the time its different. But that doesn't sound like the case here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Family or not we aren't a shelter. And I've been putting myself out by helping him plus the cost of food has went up as well. I will ask dh if he mentioned it. We had this happens with his neice and I put her out because she wouldn't get a job. And dh knows I will put him out of he doesn't help. I feel nobody gets a free ride. We never have. He is making almost the same amount of money as dh now and no bills at all.

Quoting Anonymous: Im sorry but I dont think your dh will say anything to him.. I know that may sound harsh but I think he's giving you lip service to save an argument with you. If he does pat him on the back, but thats his blood and if this has only happened once then your a good person for helping someone out when they need you the most! Thats called family sweetheart. Now if he's someone that does this all the time its different. But that doesn't sound like the case here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Look i understand what your saying but you stated he just got this job and thats why you were without a vehicle and all that. And no you are not a shelter but if the day ever comes "I pray it don't " that you fall on hard times hopefully you will look back on this and know you did what you could to help family. I don't know his situation but soemtimes it takes a paycheck to get on your feet and I'm sure if he's a good man he will pay you back for your help.

Quoting Anonymous: Family or not we aren't a shelter. And I've been putting myself out by helping him plus the cost of food has went up as well. I will ask dh if he mentioned it. We had this happens with his neice and I put her out because she wouldn't get a job. And dh knows I will put him out of he doesn't help. I feel nobody gets a free ride. We never have. He is making almost the same amount of money as dh now and no bills at all.

Quoting Anonymous: Im sorry but I dont think your dh will say anything to him.. I know that may sound harsh but I think he's giving you lip service to save an argument with you. If he does pat him on the back, but thats his blood and if this has only happened once then your a good person for helping someone out when they need you the most! Thats called family sweetheart. Now if he's someone that does this all the time its different. But that doesn't sound like the case here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Yes he dis just start working but at the same time whwn your paycheck is at least $800 you can handle handing over $100 to help the people who have been helping you. We've been on hard times and we pushed through without asking for help from anyone. I don't mind helping people out but I also know we've been taken advantage of in the past and dh older brother even told dh to make sure his brother doesn't act stupid and blow all of his money. I personally don't care what he does with his money as long as he helps us out being that he os living here.

Quoting Anonymous: Look i understand what your saying but you stated he just got this job and thats why you were without a vehicle and all that. And no you are not a shelter but if the day ever comes "I pray it don't " that you fall on hard times hopefully you will look back on this and know you did what you could to help family. I don't know his situation but soemtimes it takes a paycheck to get on your feet and I'm sure if he's a good man he will pay you back for your help.

Quoting Anonymous: Family or not we aren't a shelter. And I've been putting myself out by helping him plus the cost of food has went up as well. I will ask dh if he mentioned it. We had this happens with his neice and I put her out because she wouldn't get a job. And dh knows I will put him out of he doesn't help. I feel nobody gets a free ride. We never have. He is making almost the same amount of money as dh now and no bills at all.

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM

is bil at least helping around the house?

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM
3 moms liked this
This is why you get shit in writing.
5kidzzz
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

If you can afford it it's family, I'd let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Not really he work the same schedule as dh gets home about 6:30. He did mow the yard the first weekend he was here. I do all the cooking except when dh decides to grill and I do all the cleaning except for dished dd does them and ds takes care of the dogs and takes out the trash. and I mow the yard

Quoting quinnsmom715:

is bil at least helping around the house?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM
We struggle but make due. But we have had family take advantage of our generosity in the past.

Quoting 5kidzzz:

If you can afford it it's family, I'd let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM

it's family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)