Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this make me a bad mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Because it is raining outside and I know the neighborhood kids won't be coming around wanting my 7 yr old to play outside?  I am so thankful for that rain today!!!

Does that make me a bad mom because I want a lazy day to just sit and relax inside and not have to go outside to keep an eye on my DD?

Does it make me a bad mom because I want to sit around on the computer all day today, and not do anything???

ETA...this has been a very busy week for me.  I am a SAHM and this week, I have been running errands every day, preparing my house for new windows that were replaced this week, then cleaning up the mess and reorganizing afterwards, and preparing DD for the first day of school.  School starts tomorrow, so I am hoping I can get back to my normal routine of cleaning, cooking, etc.

Also, we live in an apartment complex and I don't let my dd7 go outside without me being out there to watch her.  I usually take a book outside to read while I keep an eye on her.  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:25 PM

BUMP!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:28 PM

It doesn't make you a bad Mom as long as this is not the norm. A rare day of quiet can be welcomed.

We lived in a nasty part of the ghetto and my kids were not allowed out front alone. I strung a hammock in the tree and would read or do yard work so it was no big deal but it didn't happen daily. There also werren't many other kids their age on the block. The closest was at least 10 houes down so we didn't hang out often.

So happy we have moved to the country. The kids can take off and be gone all day and I don't worry! We ave 3 families foro our Boy scouot Troop that live within bike distance and they call when they change houses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:36 PM

BUMP!

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Doesn't make you bad at all. I love lazy days. However DS is 7 now, so having a friend over to play outside is a nice break :).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Not at all. Yesterday alone I had 8 neighborhood kids at my house. I swear our home is like a kid magnet. I need a break once in awhile since no one else seems to volunteer their house for the kids to play.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)