Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom gets kicked out of Texas restaurant.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Mom kicked out of restaurant after diaper change
KHOU 6:12 p.m. CDT August 9, 2014

SPRING, Texas -- A mother and her children were kicked out of a restaurant after she changed a diaper at the table.

It happened at Brother's Pizza Express located in the 100 block of Cypresswood Drive.

Miranda Sowers said it all started when she took her 4-month old into the bathroom at the restaurant and there was no changing table.

She was alone with her baby Reagan, 4-year old daughter Lauren and 8-year old daughter Katelyn.

She didn't want to take everyone back to the minivan to do the diaper change.

Miranda said her next decision was a last resort.

"I thought you know what I've got my own changing pad, she's tiny, she fits right here on the chair." she told us. "So I laid her down quickly and quietly changed her diaper."

According to the employee who saw it happen, it wasn't quick or quiet. Bessa Lala's family owns the restaurant and she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"How would you feel," she asked. "You're sitting there eating. I don't want to lose all these other customers because they see a dirty diaper."

Bessa's brother Donny Lala is the manager and said customers started complaining. A regular to the restaurant even sent a text message to Bessa about what was going on.

"As soon as you start opening the diaper, people start complaining about the smell of the diaper," said Donny Lala. "Last thing I want is a customer throwing up."

Sowers argued that no one saw her change the diaper. Her family's food was brought out in "to go" containers and they were asked to leave.

Sowers filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The restaurant employees stand behind their decision.

They are a small business but have considered investing in changing tables in the restrooms.

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/local/texas/2014/08/09/mom-restaurant-diaper-change/13840375/
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

search the forum...there are several posts about this already

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Oops. Sorry.

Quoting Amybelle:

search the forum...there are several posts about this already

1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
This wasn't "a last resort" her van was a last resort.

I don't want to smell or be around that in a dinning area, anymore than id breastfeed my child in a bathroom.

Seriously what is with people thinking its ok to change your kid wherever whenever.

I've seen women do this right on the table, its disgusting.
mrsmoonbeam
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:58 PM
I saw the other posts but didnt read them. The resterant needs to get changeing tables and the mom should have gone out to the car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM

ewwwww! You had a changing pad change her on the floor of the bathroom NOT at the table! YUCK! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:01 PM
I would've gone to the car.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:03 PM
If the restaurant was busy, I'd have changed her in the restroom. But, Hell if there were only a few people, I'd have changed her on the chair too.
smurfette1903
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:05 PM
She needed to be kicked out.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:06 PM

She should have utilized the changing pad and either take her to change on the bathroom floor or cart the kids to the van and take care of it in the car.

At the table of an eating establishment is trashy and disgusting.

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM
You don't change a diaper at the 'dinner' table while people around you are eating. EVER. Its beyond disgusting and simply is not an option. Obviously she was seen or else she wouldn't have been kicked out. Not only is she disgusting but I'm leaning towards suffers from a mental/social impairment as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)