Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need Kansas moms opinions please.

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM
  • 32 Replies
We have been thinking of moving away from Louisiana. My dh has family in Kansas and we have been talking about maybe moving up there for a while. I've lived down here my whole life and I'm so bored! I hate the heat and I'm so ready for something different but I'm just not sure if Kansas is where I want to go. I've been to Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, and I've been to a different part of Kansas than where we would live but as far as where I've been it all just looks so BORING!
I guess its just that I don't know too much about the area yet but I don't want to make such a big move and be stuck somewhere that I hate.
Anyone from Kansas here that can tell me what its really like to live there?
We would be in Hays (I guess that's how you spell it) if that makes any difference.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockyhawk
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Bump
rockyhawk
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM
B
rockyhawk
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM
U
mommyfesha
by monster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Where you are in Kansas makes a big difference. I'm near Kansas City and there is a lot to do. I think Hayes is a tiny town. May be boring... lol
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Jays is close enough to Wichita you shouldn't get to bored
Susan0805
by Susan on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM
We recently moved from wichita, ks. I wasn't impressed at first but after a while it starts to grow on you. Every place has pros and cons, it'll be what you make of it. Good luck.
rockyhawk
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM
I hope not. I will probably Google and try to see what there is up there. I would love to take my kids fun places. We have an alligator park here but its so hot its just miserable going anywhere outdoors in the summer time.

Quoting opinionatedmom: Jays is close enough to Wichita you shouldn't get to bored
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM
There is a big water park there. That's the only thing I know if, but I grew up in northern oklahoma. I'm betting there is a lot to do witchia had an Air Force base close to it on a suburb.

Quoting rockyhawk: I hope not. I will probably Google and try to see what there is up there. I would love to take my kids fun places. We have an alligator park here but its so hot its just miserable going anywhere outdoors in the summer time.

Quoting opinionatedmom: Jays is close enough to Wichita you shouldn't get to bored
rockyhawk
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM
This is what I'm afraid of. I live in one of the biggest cities here and I don't like it. I've been here forever and there's nothing here to do that isn't crazy expensive.

Quoting mommyfesha: Where you are in Kansas makes a big difference. I'm near Kansas City and there is a lot to do. I think Hayes is a tiny town. May be boring... lol
rockyhawk
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)