• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He has a reason for everything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

And I'm getting sick of it!

I've been married nearly 10 years. I got married too young (at 17) but stuck it out for my marriage. During this time we had a dd. I spent most of my 20's friendless, jobless and lifeless. All that changed when I got out into the working field and started to make friends. 

Dh hates this. He's the controlling type. I had him arrested twice because he physcially assaulted me because he was being controlling. This was about 3 years ago, he changed a little. I've been getting invited out by the friends I made at work, dh doesn't like this. He says that since I've been working ''this'' job that I've changed.

I mentioned that last weekend I'm going out with a friend from work because she really wants to go out. He goes no you're not. I told him that yes I will and he will not tell me what to do. If he wants to try that controlling shit again that he'll be out the door. I will live my life how I want and he or no one else will control that. This is the same person that gets mad if I put on makeup or makes comments about what I'm wearing.

When I say stuff like ''you're jealous'' he claims I don't have nothing to be jealous about but yet he's questioning the things I do. He don't have a driver license or a car because he lost them both to being irresponsible. Everything's in my name and he hates that. Everytime I say I want to do something he blames it on because he don't have a car or license.

Tell me I'm not being a bitch about all this

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mayalove
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:42 PM
No you are not being a bitch. Go out there and do what you want.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Wow.....you both sound lovely. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Oh I am! I told him if he didn't like it then bye bye. He's always saying I've changed. I've changed to stand up for myself and take over my life. I'm not about to let anyone tell me what to do with my life.

Quoting mayalove: No you are not being a bitch. Go out there and do what you want.

Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Why stay with a man who hit you at least twice and controls your every move? I'd kick him out today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Why? Because I refuse to let a man tell me what to do? Since you have an opinion about this.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Wow.....you both sound lovely. 

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM
I stopped reading when you stayed with someone who put his hands on you TWICE as your shing example of relationships for your dd.
PogoPalOj
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I don't think you are.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Your not being a bitch. However it sounds like you guys still have a lot of things to work on if you are going to make this marriage work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I only stayed with him because I don't really have family or friends. At the time he was the only one supporting us. Now everything is on me. He knows how I feel about things and now he feels challenged.

Quoting Gianna2014:

Why stay with a man who hit you at least twice and controls your every move? I'd kick him out today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I know. I kick myself everytime I think about what she has witness. Since I'm legally married to him I can kick him out and leaving wouldn't do me any good either.

Quoting Medic32: I stopped reading when you stayed with someone who put his hands on you TWICE as your shing example of relationships for your dd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)