Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you email the teacher?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
When you find out who your child's teach will be do you email them? I found out yesterday and emailed the teachers today asking if they need anything else that wasn't on the list or if they needed any help preparing anything and it inform them I am more than willing to help at any point during the school you. Is that weird? My parents never did that kinda of thing but they were not at all involved in .y education.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LukeWarmwater
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM

no i dont have the teachers email..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Nah. I don't need to email myself.
I wouldn't email the teacher if the kids were in public school though. I would wait til open house to ask what they need and offer to help
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM
No. I don't email though. I go to all the school things and talk often on the phone and in person to the teachers. I dropped off lefty scissors to donate to the art room with a note. I just prefer notes or face to face or phone calls,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM

No. I have no reason to. DS is going into 2nd grade. So far I have never emailed the teacher for any reason. In fact I dont think I even had the teachers email address. I would just talk to them at school if needed.

Beatlemama
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM

No, but I am a teacher and some parents email me and offer help.  I always appreciate it.

i don't email my child's teacher because she is in the classroom next to mine.  I just pop my head in her room and ask if she needs anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM
We received letter from the teachers telling a little about themselves with a picture at the top and contact info.

Quoting LukeWarmwater:

no i dont have the teachers email..

honeyrder
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM
At least once a day for my boys so far this year, but I have been replying to her daily homework updates.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM
I only email the teacher to tell her happy birthday or ask serious questions pertaining to my kids education.
sillytroll
by Teehee on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

No. But I normally talk to the teachers and ask if they need help. Dd is now in middle school and Ds is now a freshman in HS. I was in the school volunteering in their class rooms every week (sometimes every day) when they were in elm. I don't think emailing them is weird at all.

bowribbonmama
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

No. We aren't given their emails.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)