Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another child? I say YES he says NO, what do I do?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I want to have another child, he does not. Our youngest is 2.5yo so I would want to start trying soon. He says he doesn't want to try for another, and probably won't change his mind.

This won't cause a problem in our marriage or divorce ... But how do I get over it? Not having another child when I want to?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM

How many do you already have?

malinda74
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Does your DH have a specific reason he doesn't want another child?
firespurity
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM
What had you talked about before marriage? Why is he against it? Why do you want it? Are you sure you can live without it?
teenkabear
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Just keep in mind that bringing a baby into a home where it could be resented because it was not "wanted" is not a good way to go.  It's not worh the risk or strain on your relationship.

Your child is in his/her terrible 2's... your husband may change his mind later.  I wouldn't be so keen on the idea either.

AvantGardener
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I was in the same situation. I understood my husband's reasons and it took some time for me. I don't ever want to be pregnant again, but right before I got "fixed" I cried and cried because I always felt like we should have three. I've made peace with it but I don't know if I'll ever be "over it" Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want and you just have to move on from it. Hugs and good luck.

Sara-1989
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM
You either stay and not have another, or move on and have another with someone else.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My hsuband didn't want to try for another and at one point I really did.. I respected his wishes. I would never want to force fatherhood on a man. Its not fair to anyone involved. 

Bwanna12Bree
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him that it is up to him to prevent it then.   So he either doesn't get any or he has to remember to wrap up each time asyou won't be on bc anymore...

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Give it time. I always wanted another child too. DH decided he didn't. I was mad and hurt for a while because we always agreed on 2. However eventually I learned to live with it and be happy with the family that I already have. I looked at all the positive things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM
He's never really given me a straight answer .. But around the lines of he likes having just the 3 we have now. That soon our youngest will be in kindergarten and I will be able to work full time .. We live a cushy life, so money isn't an issue ... I think it's more that they will be older soon and we will be able to do more stuff and if we have another baby it's kind of like starting all over again..

Quoting malinda74: Does your DH have a specific reason he doesn't want another child?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)