Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Absolutely livid with sm...considering taking legal action

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 320 Replies
6 moms liked this
First off I use the term sm loosely. She is dads gf and the mother to his youngest child.

My dd just got home from summer visitation with her dad and I took her in to get her back to school physical for sports. Her doctor here asked me when i had changed my mind about the hpv vaccine. Her father and I agreed that even though we are pro vaccination we did not want to get her the HPV vaccine.

While she was at dads house sm took her to the doctor and while they were there got her the first round of the HPV vaccine. She(sm) knew how me and her father felt (I felt more strongly than dad but he agreed to not do that particular vaccine) and vocally disagreed with us than went behind my back and did it anyways. They live in a different town and saw a different pediatric doctor.

What the f*ck!!!!

I called that office and said this woman was not authorized to bring my dd in and they said I need a co since dad put her on the forms. Her dad thinks I am overreacting because nothing bad happened but that's not the point.

I have had a phone conference with my lawyer and he is going to file for a restraining order against her Monday and because they are not married he believes I can stop her from any and all contact with my dd as well as get a co against anyone but myself and my dds father from making any medical decisions for our child.

I never wanted to be the crazy overbearing bm I read about so often on here but she completely crossed the line IMO and I will do everything in my power to prevent it from happening in the future.

I hope this made sense to you. I am beyond pissed over this.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM
8 moms liked this
How did the doctor know about the shot?
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Wow. 

Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Your kid; do what you think is best.

Good luck.

(_̅_̅_̅(̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅()ڪے~ ~ڪے
3 out of 5 smokers die. Apparently the other 2 become immortal.
                           I find those odds acceptable.

TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM
14 moms liked this
I would be beyond pissed if someone went behind my back and gave my child a vaccine they knew I was against. That's not her call to make.
I would actually go to court and ensure she couldn't be around my child again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM
10 moms liked this
Seriously overreacting but have fun with that. I understand only mom and dad making medical decisions. Absolutely. But Dad put her as authorized so she did nothing wrong. .. the restraining order and crap is over the top.
j3st3r
by Jedi on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think a judge is going to grant a restraining order.

The medical decision-making you should be you & XH,yes.  But a RO is a stretch.

Sara-1989
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I would raise all hell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Since her doctor here is her main doctor any medical records from visits to the doctor closer to dads house are automatically faxed over. I would have had no idea otherwise.

Quoting Jennyanne322: How did the doctor know about the shot?
scold-01
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM
4 moms liked this

Do you know all the medical issues that can be caused by HPV?? And do you know how easy it is to get it?? 1 out of2 people having sex have either herpes or warts, right now in the US. And those 2 diseases can give you HPV...HPV can cause vaginal cancer, throat cancer......And if you do not beleive me, look up the stats on line...IF the shot did not harm your daughter, you should be grateful, because , soon, she will have un-protected sex...and because of her step-mom, she will be protected from cancer...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Here in CA, the records are on a database online. I don't know where op is though.

Quoting Jennyanne322: How did the doctor know about the shot?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)