Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many of you?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM
  • 31 Replies
Are full time students and full time employees?

Last semester I was a part time student/part time employee. This semester I will be a full time student/full time employee.

This will be my schedule:

Monday:
School 8am-12:30pm
Work 2-9pm

Tuesday:
Work 9:30am-4pm
School 6pm-9:30pm

Wednesday:
Work: OFF

Thursday:
Work 9:30am-4pm
School 6pm-9:30pm

Friday:
Work 2pm-9pm

Saturday:
Work 9:30am-9:30pm

Sunday:
OFF from both

I am scared of how my time management is going to work with my family. I dont want to feel distant from SO and DS but you gotta do what you gotta do.. any tips from moms that are doing it as well?..
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Owl_Feather
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM

neither. Very close to part time student this year but then I remembered I cannot get financial aid. And it isnt realistic to apply for a loan and payment plan if I dont have a job. So I'm focusing on finding full time employment to try and save up for next year. Fingers crossed for October when a local CNA program starts.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM

get your home organized and every day no matter how tired you both are pick it up. Spend Sunday as a family.

bowribbonmama
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I'll be a full time student starting September 3. My schedule will be posted on Friday.

momofthree0429
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I did it.  Two children, full time job, medical transcription at home on the side, and full time college.  It was not easy.  For 5 years I lived off of an average of 4 hours of sleep a night.  Organization is the key.  You have to be organized so that everything at home is easy.  And I would suggest, if you can afford it, its totally worth having a cleaning person come twice a month.  Also, take a day and cook for 2 weeks and freeze it.  

JordanCsMommy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! I am one semester away from applying for the registered nursing program!

Quoting Owl_Feather:

neither. Very close to part time student this year but then I remembered I cannot get financial aid. And it isnt realistic to apply for a loan and payment plan if I dont have a job. So I'm focusing on finding full time employment to try and save up for next year. Fingers crossed for October when a local CNA program starts.

JordanCsMommy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Thank you. I am afraid of how this will effect DS being away from me so much since he is so young still :(

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

get your home organized and every day no matter how tired you both are pick it up. Spend Sunday as a family.

j3st3r
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM

yup

Monday work 8-4 class 4:30-7

Tue work 8-4 class 6-8:30

Wed work 8-12 class 1-4 & 4-7

Thu work 8-1 class 2-5

Fri work all day. 

I make up the rest of my hours (up to 32, considered full-time in my job) on the weekends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I work a full time job as well as a part time AND go to school full time.   It's insane but I am doing what I have to do NOW to ensure a better future for my family.

It seems like Sunday is the only day you are truly "off" (we know this isn't true between household obligations, homework, etc.)   But block of a chunk of time, say 5-8pm where it is JUST about family (family dinner, vegging out watching a movie with your son & SO, etc.).  

Dishes and laundry can wait a few hours but they can't.

JordanCsMommy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Good luck! I forgot to add that I have an online class as well. I am taking Math, English and human biology on campus, then interpersonal communication online.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I'll be a full time student starting September 3. My schedule will be posted on Friday.

JordanCsMommy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Wow youre amazing! I didn't even think of prepping meals like that, great tip! Thanks so much!

Quoting momofthree0429:

I did it.  Two children, full time job, medical transcription at home on the side, and full time college.  It was not easy.  For 5 years I lived off of an average of 4 hours of sleep a night.  Organization is the key.  You have to be organized so that everything at home is easy.  And I would suggest, if you can afford it, its totally worth having a cleaning person come twice a month.  Also, take a day and cook for 2 weeks and freeze it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)