Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go to a wedding like this?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM
  • 56 Replies

So, DF and I are planning our wedding. It's not going to be this super huge, fancy affair (we've both been married previously and we're so over that) but we want our guests to have a good time. 

So, we were thinking of having it on Halloween, and having the guests "dress-up" (they can be as costumey as they want to) and then having DF and I dress up as a zombie bride and groom. Halloween is on a Friday this year so I know many of our friends with children wouldn't mind taking them out of school, and I know some of them have off on Halloween. 

It would be a morning wedding so they could take their kids Trick-Or-Treating later, but we were thinking of having a kinda Monster Mash wedding with lots of candy, and it would really be a lot of fun. Plus, our kids would really love it and we were looking for a good way to include them. So, give me your thoughts on it? Would you go? Do you have any suggestions? (I won't be able to reply to everything as I have to take DSS to BM's soon)

Thanks! 

ETA: I just wanted to add that many of our friend's children get the day off for Halloween or get a half-day, so many of our friends take off on Halloween to spend it with their kids, so they most likely would not have to miss a day of work they wouldn't already be missing. However, we're certainly not opposed to moving the wedding to a later time and giving out tons of candy, or moving it to Saturday. Thanks for the input on that! 

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like fun but I work during the week so a morning Friday wedding wouldn't be good. If it were me I might stick to that weekend and have the same theme. Maybe Saturday would be a better day.
taramac
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM
I'd go! It sounds like fun!
Missdameanor
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
A costume wedding? Not a fan=(
lovetoteachec
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Sounds like a blast!!! I'd love to go and take my daughter. XD
AvantGardener
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Sounds like fun, but I wouldn't go because I wouldn't want to miss Halloween with my kids.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM
While I think it's pretty cool and your friends will likely be on board , I personally wouldn't go. If that's what you are into , I've seen on some TLC shows before people having Halloween theme weddings and it turning out pretty awesome. By all means , if it makes you happy.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM
I think it sounds fun. I wouldn't do it for myself, but I would go, sure.
missymackie
by Hey Brother on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM
That sounds awesome!
Jasminemomof3
by Mrs. Ali on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Heck I would love to go!!! :)
DinoBug5959
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Quoting rjsmommy214: It sounds like fun but I work during the week so a morning Friday wedding wouldn't be good. If it were me I might stick to that weekend and have the same theme. Maybe Saturday would be a better day.

If we thought it would be a big issue we'd defintely move it to Saturday, however in our circle of friends a lot of the kids don't have school on Halloween, so the parents take off on Halloween to decorate their house and take them trick-or-treating, which is why I'm not too concerned about it being on a Friday morning. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)