• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When the kids are away.. the petty arguments go up.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Me: ::hanging up finished laundry and notice they are slightly damp:: why are these clothes damp?

DH: ::sigh:: I don't know..

me: is the dryer not working properly? ::opens dryer door::

DH: I don't know! 

me: how do you not know if the dryer is not working properly or not.. it either is or isn't.

DH: listen... I'm trying to finish the laundry.. okay.. i don't know if the dryer is working or not.. your question doesn't make any sense!

me: ?? all i'm asking is if you think the dryer is not working because the clothes should not be damp coming out of the dryer. if they are then we need to get it fixed

DH: they felt dry, (warm) when i pulled them out.. i don't know if it's working or not.. why are you giving me such a hard time?

me: ?????? (confused?) how am i giving you a hard time? I'm worried the dryer is on the fritz and I'm asking you a legit question whether or not you think the dryer is not properly drying and you are refusing to answer the question. This has NOTHING to do with you.. I am concerned the dryer is not functioning and i just want to know if you pulled these out damp or if you are just spraying them with a ton of water while ironing. it's really not a big deal. just want to make sure we don't have a problem with the dryer

DH: ::annoyed:: i don't ****KNOW**** why they are damp

me: okay, well... what setting did you dry these on?

DH: i don't know.. 

me: how do you not KNOW what setting you put these on?

DH: I don't know.. one of the settings on the dryer.. 

me: .. listen. i don't know why you are getting pissy with me

DH: because you are giving me a hard time about the dryer.. and how I'm not doing it right..

me: where did i say anything of you not doing it right? I MERELY asking you if you think the dryer is not working properly.. since YOU keep telling me YOU don't know.. I have to KEEP asking you questions on what you did so I can figure out if we have a non working dryer. it has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.. I just want to know if the dryer is working or not.. i don't understand WHY you can't just tell me. I don't care what setting you put them on.. i appreciate you helping with the laundry and ironing.. but I AM SERIOUSLY concerned about the dryer right now because I need to know if it's working properly.. if it's merely just a user error i will lay off.. if not I want to get the dryer fixed..  

DH: see.. you are getting on to me about not doing it right!

me: NO. I'm not.. i just said I DON'T care if you misused the dryer.. i don't.. because it means the dryer would still be working and I don't have to worry about it. Instead you are making an ant hill into a mole hill.. I DO NOT care if you used the wrong setting.. I DO CARE if you used the right setting and the clothes are coming out damp. because that means = NOT WORKING. simple.. 

DH: you're getting angry with me.. because I'm not doing the laundry the way you do it

me: omg.. i'm getting angry becuase you won't answer a simple effing question.. it has NOTHING to do with it being wrong. I told you before how much I appreciate your help. I just want to know if the dryer is working or NOT. it's simple.. tell me what setting you used.. and it will be the end of this headache.. 

DH: ::sigh:: normal setting

SERIOUSLY.. it took that long to get a SIMPLE answer out of him?! this is what happens when we get to spend two weeks alone together.. hahahah.. I am looking forward to our son coming home today..

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe just appreciate him doing laundry. My husband doesn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this

.....you sound hard to live with. No offense.

An0nym0use
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Him doing it incorrectly doesn't really help out when it can potentially ruin the clothes.

Quoting incogNinja: Maybe just appreciate him doing laundry. My husband doesn't.
DameDeLaMer
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Tell me about it. And sometimes our dryer doesn't dry them all the way if it's a large load or the washer didn't spin them out enough

Quoting incogNinja: Maybe just appreciate him doing laundry. My husband doesn't.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Because they're still damp? Lol. Ok. Well mine do that too on occasion and I simply hang them for a few hours. Can't say I've ever had anything ruined by not having it dried completely

Quoting An0nym0use: Him doing it incorrectly doesn't really help out when it can potentially ruin the clothes.

halsmommy14
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:13 PM

you need to chill the fuck out smh  seriously act like an adult

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM

He didn't do the laundry "wrong". I'm not concerned about the clothes getting ruined from it being slightly damp. They weren't dripping wet. Just a little shocked they weren't as dry as the previous time he did the laundry.. He did a great job ironing. I just wanted to know if the dryer is dying or not. I would rather it get fixed early on than wait until it's dead completley and we have to buy a new one. That's it. He refused to answer and took offense to my "is the dryer working properly" question instead of just telling me what setting he used so I could figure out if it was just user error of if there was something that needed to be fixed.

Quoting incogNinja: Because they're still damp? Lol. Ok. Well mine do that too on occasion and I simply hang them for a few hours. Can't say I've ever had anything ruined by not having it dried completely
Quoting An0nym0use: Him doing it incorrectly doesn't really help out when it can potentially ruin the clothes.

kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Maybe it was the tone or that you did not say, these feel a little damp to me, what about you? Men don't like to be told.

Quoting Anonymous:

He didn't do the laundry "wrong". I'm not concerned about the clothes getting ruined from it being slightly damp. They weren't dripping wet. Just a little shocked they weren't as dry as the previous time he did the laundry.. He did a great job ironing. I just wanted to know if the dryer is dying or not. I would rather it get fixed early on than wait until it's dead completley and we have to buy a new one. That's it. He refused to answer and took offense to my "is the dryer working properly" question instead of just telling me what setting he used so I could figure out if it was just user error of if there was something that needed to be fixed.

Quoting incogNinja: Because they're still damp? Lol. Ok. Well mine do that too on occasion and I simply hang them for a few hours. Can't say I've ever had anything ruined by not having it dried completely

Missdameanor
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM
PETTY AS FUCK!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)