Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do if...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
You and your minor child got ill, you both went to the doctor. Your child is 13 you request your child not to be seen by the doctor/checked in by the nurse without you being in the same room. The nurse ignores your request and calls your child back without you.

Sorry i wasn't clear.

The nurse is telling you it is only your child's turn to go back and since you're being seen also you are to wait in the waiting room until your name is called. You are not to go back with your child.

Would you say something right then?
Would you just go with it and be mad inside?
What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM
I'd speak up right then.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Idk that is weird. If dd wanted to be seen privately I would be ok with that. If the doctors staff were insisting I would be weirded out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Would you say anything

Quoting incogNinja: Idk that is weird. If dd wanted to be seen privately I would be ok with that. If the doctors staff were insisting I would be weirded out.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Yeah for sure

Quoting Anonymous: Would you say anything

Quoting incogNinja: Idk that is weird. If dd wanted to be seen privately I would be ok with that. If the doctors staff were insisting I would be weirded out.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM
I'd just. Go with when they called my child's name. If they tried to prevent me, we might have a problem. It would depend on my kid and his comfort with the dr.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Good twist lol so let's say they told you that you weren't allowed to be in the same room. And your child was okay/wanted you in the room.

Quoting B1Bomber: I'd just. Go with when they called my child's name. If they tried to prevent me, we might have a problem. It would depend on my kid and his comfort with the dr.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM
If he was 13 i wouldn't have a problem with him going in by himself.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Unless my child didn't want me to go, I would go in with them.

halsmommy14
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:22 PM

i'd go back with them when they were called back............maybe i'm misunderstanding the problem.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:22 PM
If my child wants me there, I'm there. They can't stop me and if they try, they lose my business and get bad online reviews, costing them future business.

Quoting Anonymous: Good twist lol so let's say they told you that you weren't allowed to be in the same room. And your child was okay/wanted you in the room.

Quoting B1Bomber: I'd just. Go with when they called my child's name. If they tried to prevent me, we might have a problem. It would depend on my kid and his comfort with the dr.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)