Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a newb

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok ladies, i'm new to the site and was wondering a few things, I'm lost on a few of the abbreviation, some i can muddle out or figure out who/what is being referred to but I'd like some clarification!

DH... dear husband?  something husband I get, same with DD and DS, something daughter, something son....

I get the MIL, FIL, SIL etc, inlaws.

What's with the cookie?  I get that it's a virtual cookie but is that just it?

are there any other frequent abbreviations i should be familiar with?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM

The cookie reference usually is meant to be snarky.  Someone posts something as if it were an accomplishment or how great their beliefs are, etc.  "Wanna cookie?" usually is the equivelant of "yay for you, who gives a shit".

STBX - soon to be ex (husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc)

FFS - for fuck's sake

FML - fuck my life

SMH - smack my head

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Oh, and just a warning -

This group can be brutal.  Post at your own risk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
This group is not for the faint of heart. If you get easily offended, leave now. If you take things to heart, leave now. If you don't have thick skin, leave now. If theses phrases bother you: "cool story bro" " want a cookie?" "Pics or it didn't happen" "_____ troll is ______(insert two of the same word)" leave now. If you are bothered by people constantly correcting your grammar, leave now. If you spank your child, leave now. If you do not spank your child, leave now. If you breastfeed, leave now. If you do not breastfeed, leave now.... Get it? Long story short, leave now.

If you decide that you can handle the crazies, WELCOME TO THE GROUP! There are plenty of awesome women here that can offer plenty of support. Just try not to let the crazies run you off!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I gave her my newb warning :-)

Quoting randi1978:

Oh, and just a warning -

This group can be brutal.  Post at your own risk.

MommyofMonster
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I'm fairly thick skinned.  learned a long time ago how to not give a fuck since people can be so damn judgmental.  Thanks guys!  I'm looking forward to actually talking to more women! (I have ONE female friend)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)