• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid won't ride in the backseat alone

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:33 PM
  • 20 Replies
Ok, DS is 11 months now, and still will not ride in the back seat alone. Normally I have to ride in the back with him, and have someone drove me, on rate occasions when no adult is available, I steal either my brother or DSS to ride with him. Today, no one was available. For a 90 minute drive.

I don't just mean he cries, he cries till he vomits exorcism style then cries, then vomits, you get the idea. He is still in his infant seat, but it's not the car seat itself that is the problem, but being alone. He has the same problem if someone tries to leave the room fr any reason.

Anyone have any suggestions other than turning him FF?
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Get him a mirror?
Cmgmqmmom
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM
3 moms liked this
I can honestly say I have never ridden in the back seat with any of my kids. Not even on the way home from the hospital. I don't see the point.

Mirror? He definitely doesn't need to ff.
Mum2D
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I tried on that fits the headrest, but won't fit on my car :( I might try and find another one that sticks to the back window.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: Get him a mirror?
Mum2D
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
DS was a premie, I was worried about him not breathing, and his head flopping around. I also lived about 2 hours from the hospital at the time. He was so tiny and still pretty sick when they sent us home, Ifelt like I had to constantly watch him. I've also had people recomend ff to make him stop since he was 6 months

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: I can honestly say I have never ridden in the back seat with any of my kids. Not even on the way home from the hospital. I don't see the point.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Still wouldn't have. I just think it's silly. I mean, you can do what you want but they don't send preemies home if they can't safely sit in a car seat.

Quoting Mum2D: DS was a premie, I was worried about him not breathing, and his head flopping around. I also lived about 2 hours from the hospital at the time. He was so tiny and still pretty sick when they sent us home, I felt like I had to constantly watch him.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: I can honestly say I have never ridden in the back seat with any of my kids. Not even on the way home from the hospital. I don't see the point.

AvantGardener
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I think working on it outside of the car would be the first priority. Leave for short times always stressing how you come back and you're happy. etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM
You brought this all on yourself!
momofthree0429
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I use to have to drive with one hand behind me holding DD's hand.  That was until she was about 4 years old.  My hand use to fall asleep.  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:49 PM
I had a car seat screamer. He will outgrow it don't worry.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I'd start at home and work on that.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)