Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things you wish you knew/did before having a second baby.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Put more effort into an exercise routine. Pregnancy is so much easier when you're in decent shape, which I was for #1 and not for #2.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Not so much me, but my husband. I wished he would have LISTENED to me when I told him how much more difficult female children, and second children are. But he had nothing but starry eyed fantasies about a sweet little girl that would be cute and nice and ladylike. I warned him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM

We have a baby that likes to be outside and is learning to walk. I have that covered. lol

Quoting B1Bomber: Put more effort into an exercise routine. Pregnancy is so much easier when you're in decent shape, which I was for #1 and not for #2.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I got pregnant when ds1 was 6 months and we had just moved, so I had no routines. You're ahead of the game with a toddler :)

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a baby that likes to be outside and is learning to walk. I have that covered. lol

Quoting B1Bomber: Put more effort into an exercise routine. Pregnancy is so much easier when you're in decent shape, which I was for #1 and not for #2.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Oh please do tell. I have no idea what second kids are like. Our baby has been challenging at times, but hubby has been hinting at having another.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Not so much me, but my husband. I wished he would have LISTENED to me when I told him how much more difficult female children, and second children are. But he had nothing but starry eyed fantasies about a sweet little girl that would be cute and nice and ladylike. I warned him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:46 PM

That's what I was thinking. Hubby's been hinting at having another, and I'm like...o.0 Not sure if I could handle it.

Quoting B1Bomber: I got pregnant when ds1 was 6 months and we had just moved, so I had no routines. You're ahead of the game with a toddler :)
Quoting Anonymous:

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Have you ever heard, "If this child had been our first, they would have been our last"?  Yeah, totally true. Our son is such a breeze.  Our daughter, the second child, has been difficult from the moment She was conceived. And oh is she mean. and sassy, and all sorts of difficult. And she has both of the boys in this house wrapped around her finger, so it is doubly frustrating. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh please do tell. I have no idea what second kids are like. Our baby has been challenging at times, but hubby has been hinting at having another.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I love that mine are close together. It was hectic for the first few months after the second was born, but now they are very close and entertain each other :)

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I was thinking. Hubby's been hinting at having another, and I'm like...o.0 Not sure if I could handle it.

Quoting B1Bomber: I got pregnant when ds1 was 6 months and we had just moved, so I had no routines. You're ahead of the game with a toddler :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Greenenvy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Well, I didn't really have a chance at ever having just one because my first pregnancy was twins but I wish someone had told me how much more difficult three was than just two. Completely different life all together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Ahh, poor you! I've heard girls are harder. I think if we did have another baby, and it was a girl, my husband would spoil her.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Have you ever heard, "If this child had been our first, they would have been our last"?  Yeah, totally true. Our son is such a breeze.  Our daughter, the second child, has been difficult from the moment She was conceived. And oh is she mean. and sassy, and all sorts of difficult. And she has both of the boys in this house wrapped around her finger, so it is doubly frustrating. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)