• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how far would you drive for your childs classmates party?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I was thinking of having my child's party at the skating rink but its about 40 minutes away. Would you drive for a party that far away?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:49 PM
No. Not to drop them off, travel that amount back home (if parents weren't allowed to stay), do the picking up, and back home. Maybe if I stayed, but I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't unless they were super close. If that makes any sense.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Only if it were in some awesome indoor playground.. Otherwise, I wouldn't go out of our city.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM

For a skating party? Not that far. But if it was a museum party, I would.  The Peroit Museum has been a huge party favorite with his classmates this summer, so we have made that trip three times for borthday parties. With Dallas traffic, it is a little more than an hour.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I've driven 30 minutes. I think 40 would be okay if it was somewhere that was fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM
That seems reasonable. My LO isn't old enough to be invited to stuff like that yet but my mom always drove that far for my friends' skate parties.
momofthree0429
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Not unless there were activities for the parents also. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Are parents and other siblings allowed of just the invited child and we are sol?
DinoBug5959
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Not 40 minutes away. 20 is my limit, 30 if it's somewhere cool like the rock climbing gym. 

cybcm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, but I live in an area where that is pretty normal, there is nothing around us.

yksmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Yep. I would. But there are no kids in our neighborhood and every time my kid tried to get together with friends this summer, plans fell through.

The real answer depends in if that is reasonable where you live. Where I live now, maybe. The last city I lived in, no way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)