Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I shouldn't have laughed but I did... She probably thinks I mocked her strict parenting.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

My family and DH's families are completely opposite. They are extremely religious and very old fashioned, my family members are more diverse and aware. We had family from both sides over for brunch  including his sister  with her 4 month old and 9yr old along with DH's brothers' 24 yr old son and his 8yr old sister Lauren.

My son is 22 and my daughter is 15. While in the kitchen chatting with DH's sister while she sterilized the babies bottle for the third time since she arrived, her 9yr old and Lauren are on the couch in the living room a few feet away from us playing a game on Lauren's ipad. DH's sister is really strict and doesn't even let her kids watch any cartoon other than Veggie Tales and things along that line. She hovered over the couch while holding her baby to see what game they were playing. She then came back so I guess she approved. A few minutes later Lauren goes to her brother for something. The other girl follows, about 7 minutes pass by and she comes back holding the ipad yelling,

"Mommy! Mommy! She has black people music with bad words on her ipad!!!" She then rambled with her face in her moms side.  I am thankful I sipped my coffee seconds before she blurted that out because my dress was new. I laughed so hard my boobs are still sore from bending over in the chair. 

She didn't seem upset I laughed but idk... My kids and husband are still laughing. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I had family like that.

The wouldn't let my sister and I hang out with their kids because my mom let us use the word "crap"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)