• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would I give my 11 year old the hpv vaccine

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
When she is older. Maybe. But not now.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Because without she'll for sure be some harlot who doesn't use protection, get HPV, never get checked for it and dies from crevical cancer.

Or at least that is what I learned from CM and why it should be mandatory because HPV isn't completely detectable and preventable. We need a dangerous untested vaccine for it.

katyq
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:24 PM

It's certainly up to you. It is recommended that it be administered before the age when kids start having sex, to catch the widest swath of children before exposure.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Like I said in a previous post on the topic, it is one of the only vaccines I will not give to my daughter.  I know every vaccine has a risk, but I've read about too many cases of permanent injury or death in the wake of the vaccines over the last several years. 

TheSilence
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:27 PM
I just read about a healthy 12 year old who dropped dead on her kitchen floor after getting this vaccine.
My sister didn't get this vaccine and neither will my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Lots of people end up getting HPV. It has nothing to do with being a harlot.

Quoting Mamabear010:

Because without she'll for sure be some harlot who doesn't use protection, get HPV, never get checked for it and die from crevical cancer.

Or at least that is what I learned from CM and why it should be mandatory because HPV isn't completely detectable and preventable. We need a dangerous untested vaccine for it.

kntrymama08
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Yeah my kids will never get it. I'm not against vaccination, though I plan ti delay vax in the future. But this one...no thanks. WAY too many risks.
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lots of people end up getting HPV. It has nothing to do with being a harlot.

Quoting Mamabear010:

Because without she'll for sure be some harlot who doesn't use protection, get HPV, never get checked for it and die from crevical cancer.

It was sarcasm.

AvantGardener
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I don't vaccinate at all so I won't try and convince you. I liken it to giving a newborn the hep b vaccine. Doesn't make sense to me.

thetrollcat
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe this vaccination is misleading to make young kids think that they will be protected if they get vaccinated. I think America is too busy trying to support sexual activity by avoiding teaching our kids to say no to drugs AND SEX instead lets just slap a vaccination on it and let the kids have at it. Um no. I will educate my kids about the vaccination, it will be up to them whether or not they want it.  I like sex will not decide that for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM
I am pro vax but there no way in hell my dd is getting that vax.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)