Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did my husband overreact? Would you call the cops?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

We were sitting in the living room when we see a van stop in front of our house. I can see the driver of the van pointing at our house and telling a passenger something about it.

My DH says he's noticed the same van stopping in front of house twice before. Our street isn't a through street so there's no reason for anyone to be on but the people who live here or their guests. So seeing the same van stop in front of our house several times was kind of disturbing.

DH went out and asked the guy why he was sitting in front of our house. He said he was just "Praising the Lord."  DH asked why he was stopped in front of our house and pointing to it. The man said he knows our neighbors (named them, but they have a sign with their name in their yard so that doesn't really mean he knows them) but wouldn't explained why he stopped in front of our house.

DH got pretty pissed and ended up yelling at him and telling him to leave. He said he's calling the cops the next time he sees the van in our neighborhood.

The guy just smiled the whole time. He told my husband to have a blessed day and slowly drove off.

What do you think? Did my DH over react? Should we call the cops?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like they are casing the area, call the police and file a report, but it helps to have the discription of the van and guy your dh talked to and a license plate # too.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I would call honestly. You never know what their motives are. Be careful about coming/going and making it look as if someone is home. Kinda creepy momma.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Sounds like they are casing the area, call the police and file a report, but it helps to have the discription of the van and guy your dh talked to and a license plate # too.

I didn't think about getting the license # until after they were gone.

I hope if they were casing DH scared them off. The fact that he can identify them and was obviously suspicious should make them think twice. Right?

hobobaby
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM
That's really suspicious! Definitely report it!
yksmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM
That's creepy. I think I'd call.

Definately ask the neighbors if they know who that is.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Your DH or you should have gotten his plate number. The called non emergency number for police and tell them whats going on.

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Lets hope, but i woudnt leave the home alone for awhile unless you put up a security camera so you can catch them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

I didn't think about getting the license # until after they were gone.

I hope if they were casing DH scared them off. The fact that he can identify them and was obviously suspicious should make them think twice. Right?

mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I'd call and report them
lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I would have gotten a plate number and at least reported suspicious behavior.
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I'd called for no other reason than to have a track record. That's very suspicious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)