Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ibotta and Checkout 51....savings/rebate apps

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

Anyone used either of these apps and had any success with them? Do you know of any other savings/rebate apps?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Nope I sure haven't, but if you find a Burberry discount app, you be sure and let me know OK? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM
I have the ibotta app. Its annoying Lol. I haven't fully figured it out yet :/
Krysta784
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM
I use Ibotta. I earned like $15 from it last year, transferred it to my paypal and it disappeared! I was so pissed!

Checkout 51?' Tell me more!
angie729
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:04 PM

That would suck!!! I tried to claim a rebate on Ibotta and it took me to verify the product and then I could not submit the claim...it was for milk and verified. I dont think I like this app very much.

Quoting Krysta784: I use Ibotta. I earned like $15 from it last year, transferred it to my paypal and it disappeared! I was so pissed! Checkout 51?' Tell me more!

angie729
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Checkout 51 is easier to me than Ibotta. You just take a pic of the receipt using the app and it credits to your account. Oh and Iisis wallet Im about to go learn about...you can get 15$ for signing up.

Quoting Krysta784: I use Ibotta. I earned like $15 from it last year, transferred it to my paypal and it disappeared! I was so pissed! Checkout 51?' Tell me more!

lovetoteachec
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:09 PM
No clue about any of these.
ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Saving Star.  Not really an app, though they offer one.  You go to their site and click on the "coupons".  The store you shop at, though, needs to have a rewards card that you register with them.  Whenever you scan your rewards card, any items you bought that apply to "coupons" you chose submits the coupons to your account.  Once you've got a minimum of $5 in your account, then you can have it sent to PayPal.  And, yes, I've gotten my money from them.

I've also heard of UPromise, which sends the money you save to a separate account to be used for your children's education.

Krysta784
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Just signed up for checkout 51 and shopkick. Shop kick gives you points for just walking into a store and more if you scan barcodes. You don't even have to buy.

Once you rack up enough points you can trade for gift cards.

I think it's 1650 points for a $20 Starbucks card which I am very much looking forward to! Lol!

I'm going to check out that other one you mentioned now and the one the other poster mentioned. I love money back for shopping!

Quoting angie729:

Checkout 51 is easier to me than Ibotta. You just take a pic of the receipt using the app and it credits to your account. Oh and Iisis wallet Im about to go learn about...you can get 15$ for signing up.

Quoting Krysta784: I use Ibotta. I earned like $15 from it last year, transferred it to my paypal and it disappeared! I was so pissed!

Checkout 51?' Tell me more!

angie729
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Havent heard of shopkick..going to check that one out.

Quoting Krysta784: Just signed up for checkout 51 and shopkick. Shop kick gives you points for just walking into a store and more if you scan barcodes. You don't even have to buy. Once you rack up enough points you can trade for gift cards. I think it's 1650 points for a $20 Starbucks card which I am very much looking forward to! Lol! I'm going to check out that other one you mentioned now and the one the other poster mentioned. I love money back for shopping!
Quoting angie729:

PeregrineWaltz
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I just started using ibotta and check out 51. I have been using shop kick and the bing rewards for a while though. Bing is like Google and you get points towards gift cards like shop kick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)