Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the cops just left my house..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Earlier today there was a knock at my door. I look out and see two young guys standing there. I crack my door open, and ask them could I help them? The young guy said they are from the cable company and came to pick up our box. I said no, I am all paid up for the month. Then the young said he needed to make sure our cable was hooked up the right way. I started to get a very strange feeling something wasn't right. I looked out the door and didn't see a cable company van. I asked to see their ID. They said they didn't need to show me. I called my kids inside slammed the door and called the police.
I got the license plate number,and got a good look and was able to tell the police what they looked like. Turns out, I am not the only one who has filed a report about these two guys today. So glad I followed my gut feeling and didn't let them in. Now I am nervous they will show back up. I kept my kids inside and have my dh pistol in case I need it. I have his holster on and the safety is on so don't worry moms.
And ladies,trust your gut feelings. If something doesn't feel right follow that feeling. Ask for I'd or the phone number so you could check on who sent them.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM
I don't open my door for anyone I don't know.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Scary! I glad y'all are alright.
southernangel1
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Good for you for following gut instinct! If it's a utility company, I always asked for an id! Before out cable guy came inside last week, he willingly showed me his id and the work order. Unless I'm expecting someone I don't let them in, I just ask for a business card or say we are not interested.
MrsHMS
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:03 PM
You know what, if I don't know them by name, I just holler through the door who is it? Sorry I'm not home, bye. One more knock that's the police. If you are in distress I'll call the cops for you. I don't like strangers at my door and don't look shaddy I'll call the cops and make a complaint. We have neighborhood watch, if you don't live here you shouldn't be here. Most are at my door trying to help me spend my money. Nope. Kids in the neighborhood selling candy and candles are welcome. That's about it.
AustinsMommy007
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Glad you followed your gut!
Bieg9093
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Well, thank goodness the police are filling out multiple reports, eh?

There's been similar activity in my neighborhood lately...distraction calls.  One guy occupies the homeowner at the front door while another goes in thru the back and grabs whatever he can. 

Wish I could get a dog.

KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM
That is so scary! What is wrong with people?!?
Momma2Warriors
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I have a Rottweiler and my terriers. You would have death wish to come in my home.

Oh the racks upon racks of swords on my walls, my husbands is a former world ranked swordsman, are quite the deterrent too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Glad you went with your gut. Here the cable company people all wear uniforms, their i.d. is clipped to their shirts, and not only do they call before they come but they are in constant contact with the company while they are here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)