Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just so we're clear, criticizing a person's skin colour is never ok.

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM
  • 44 Replies

Seriously, why does anyone think this is ok??

I'm sick of hearing it.  Yes, I am pale.  I was BORN THAT WAY.  I'm a Canadian with french and welsh parents, what the ever-loving hell do you expect from my skin tone??

The comments from random strangers, family or friends are not welcome, appreciated or in any way ok.

"You should tan, you're so pale."

"You look like a ghost! Are you sick?"

"I would hate to have skin so light"

"You should get out more, are you a vampire?"

Some lady from my building, who I don't even know told me "you should get out and enjoy the sun, get some colour on your skin!"

end rant.

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneck.crazy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Holy crap how rude. You should think of a rude come back. That is so uncalled for of people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Agree.

I was told by my so called ex best friend that I'd be pretty (or prettier) if I had color like her.

SMH.

I'm just fine with my color. Our lack thereof.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:36 PM
3 moms liked this

ITA.

I am fair skinned. i can't tell you how may times i was called ghost and Casper growing up. Screw you, i'm not getting skincancer for you. If you were telling somone they were too black or  too red or too yellow, you'd be a racist, but people think it's jsut fine to tell you if you are too white.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Criticizing anything about a person should never be ok. Whether it's skin color, body shape, clothing style, tattoos, piercings, what they drive, their job....none of that should be criticized by anyone! If you don't like it and would never want to look like that or whatever, fine! But why make that person feel bad about themselves just so that you can feel superior?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I was expecting something totally different before opening this. 

catcameback
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I hear it ALL the time, it's irritating.  There even used to be a tanning commerical with the kardashians in it putting down people with pale skin. 

Quoting redneck.crazy: Holy crap how rude. You should think of a rude come back. That is so uncalled for of people.

catcameback
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:39 PM

lol what were you expecting? The title wasn't misleading at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was expecting something totally different before opening this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Meh. Fat people are judged by what they put in their grocery carts and told to get over it and lose weight

So my advice to you is get a tan and get over it l.
TheSilence
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM
I agree. I heard it a lot growing up. Why I'm so tanned when my siblings aren't. Was I adopted? Maybe I should wear sunscreen.
amy-momof5
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM
I'm a red head but if I had blonde hair I'd look albino. Tan people can kiss my wrinkle and cancer free ass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)