Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toddler meal ideas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I'm looking for some ideas of healthy gluten free meal ideas for my 1 year old. I feel like I go shopping and buy things, but can never make a meal out of them. Any suggestions?

She can't have bread, or too much sugar.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:47 PM

She should be eating what you eat. Proteins (chicken, fish..etc), veggies (preferably raw) and fruits. 

My DD is gluten free and has always eaten what we've eaten. 

polkaspots
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Corn tortillas can be used to make mini pizzas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:51 PM
That sounds like a good idea but i forgot to add she can't eat cheese. So what can i use as an alternative?

Quoting polkaspots: Corn tortillas can be used to make mini pizzas.
polkaspots
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Sauce, vegetables, chicken, breaded eggplant, sautéed mushrooms, or you could make cold ones with fruit and yogurt (although that might be a bit too high in sugar)
I make eggs wraps with mushrooms and spinach leaves. I use flour tortillas, but you would use corn.
There's this fake cheese (vegan) called daiya or something, but I avoid fake stuff.

Quoting Anonymous: That sounds like a good idea but i forgot to add she can't eat cheese. So what can i use as an alternative?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:54 PM
She eats with us too, but I wanted to make it a little healthier.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

She should be eating what you eat. Proteins (chicken, fish..etc), veggies (preferably raw) and fruits. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Yea i try to stay away from stuff like that too. But thanks for the idea!

Quoting polkaspots: Sauce, vegetables, chicken, breaded eggplant, sautéed mushrooms, or you could make cold ones with fruit and yogurt (although that might be a bit too high in sugar)
I make eggs wraps with mushrooms and spinach leaves. I use flour tortillas, but you would use corn.
There's this fake cheese (vegan) called daiya or something, but I avoid fake stuff.

Quoting Anonymous: That sounds like a good idea but i forgot to add she can't eat cheese. So what can i use as an alternative?

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Then you should try to make your meals healthier. What exactly are you wanting to change?

Quoting Anonymous: She eats with us too, but I wanted to make it a little healthier.
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

polkaspots
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:59 PM
No problem.
You can also make sandwiches with other things instead of bread, like mushrooms or eggplant slices. Mashed cauliflower and/or sweet potato is a good alternative for pasta. Rice is gluten free.

Quoting Anonymous: Yea i try to stay away from stuff like that too. But thanks for the idea!

Quoting polkaspots: Sauce, vegetables, chicken, breaded eggplant, sautéed mushrooms, or you could make cold ones with fruit and yogurt (although that might be a bit too high in sugar)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitch.Cakes
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM
So switch your entire family to gluten free and your toddler can eat what you make.

My brother and SIL have two children with celiacs and they are all gluten free.
thanush
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:04 PM

1.Tilapia fillets with green bean rice.  

Buy the frozen ones since they are easy to store and to cook. Just defrost it (microwave 30 sec) and season with salt and pepper. 'fry' it with a 1 tbsp of butter or olive oil. once it's done thhrow in some cooked greenbeans, carrots or corn (I buy frozen green beans and corn) with 2 tbsp of water and once it's cooked add some rice. serve with fish.

2. Spread salsa or pasta sauce on a corn tortilla and top with pepperoni and sauteed mushroom. place it on a skillet and cook until the tortilla becomes crispy. serve.

3.Raw carrot shreads and bacon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)