Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cut my parents out of my life.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

After years of controlling, abusive physical and emotional behavior I cut them out of our life. And yet they still contact us almost daily trying to talk, demand to know anytime my husband and I go out of state, demand pictures of our children daily to see they are "ok", and thoroughly stalk my Facebook page. I am at my wits end over how much further we are going to have to go to get distance. We thought we put down clear ground rules and it looks like it isn't working. The basis of everything is they hate my husband of almost 10 years who isn't of the same race. I am almost at the point of getting some type of restraining order. My husband got me a new phone number so I wouldn't have to deal with all the calls, and I have changed my email and am in the process of making a private Facebook. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Missdameanor
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Deleting your facebook might help too...
bcauseimthemom
by imjenndoe on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Block them from FB and get a PPO...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Quoting Missdameanor: Deleting your facebook might help too...

We are going to delete our existing pages and open new private pages. Our family is spread across the globe so its the only way we all stay connected. 

Missdameanor
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Don't add your family to the new 1

Quoting Anonymous:

We are going to delete our existing pages and open new private pages. Our family is spread across the globe so its the only way we all stay connected. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Block them from FB and get a PPO...

Blocking will do nothing, they already have other relatives watching our Facebook pages so the new pages have to be completely free of anyone that would pass along information to them. They have gone so far as pretend to be me and called our pediatricians office to get information about our children health. We have had to set up code words with our doctors offices and preschool. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:06 PM

We arn't. 

Quoting Missdameanor: Don't add your family to the new 1
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Just know that anyone is still contact with your parents, they may tell them.  I would stop answering all calls and texts.  Let them know that if their attitude doesn't change  your family will go to court to get a restraining order and it will be enforced. The first time they break it The police will be notified and what ever  happens is on them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Just know that anyone is still contact with your parents, they may tell them.  I would stop answering all calls and texts.  Let them know that if their attitude doesn't change  your family will go to court to get a restraining order and it will be enforced. The first time they break it The police will be notified and what ever  happens is on them.

Yeah we are now carefully considering who to add. Its like battle lines have to be drawn of who we can trust and who we can't.  These people are master manipulators. 

lovetoteachec
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM
How closed minded they are over another race! Geez.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I cut my abusive mother out of my life about 10 years ago with no remorse, my brother did it over 30 years ago. A couple of days ago I found out she died over a year ago. I'm fine with it and so is my brother, but will you be OP?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)