Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid rude idiots

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I work at a furniture in the office. I have to stay until the last person leaves. Every single day I have to stay 30-45 minutes late bc of inconsiderate people. Often times theyll stay past closing and not purchase anything. The store hours are clearly posted on the door. We turn the music off and turn the lights up at closing time. It is company policy that we cant tell customers we are closing for fear of losing a sale.

I am so sick of rude people keeping me late. Its not like buying furniture is ever an emergency.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Not one of them ever came back to buy something? Lol @ turning the music and lights off. 

lovetoteachec
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:05 PM
What's a furniore?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Most of the time no. But really if u know the store is closed and youre going to come back anyway why not clear out when the store closes?

Quoting Anonymous:

Not one of them ever came back to buy something? Lol @ turning the music and lights off. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Furniture sorry using my cell. Fixed it

Quoting lovetoteachec: What's a furniore?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
The reason you have people stay past closing time is because of that idiot policy of not announcing the store is about to close. People by nature don't read those signs posted in the window or on the door. Or what you can do, if they won't change policy, lock the doors 30 minutes early
lovetoteachec
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:09 PM
In that case yes it is rude for people to keep coming in.

Quoting Anonymous: Furniture sorry using my cell. Fixed it

Quoting lovetoteachec: What's a furniore?
Missdameanor
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:09 PM
You should be upset at your employer for not doing the "please make your way to the cashier as we are closing in 5 minutes" announcement and not the customers that are the only reason you have a job to begin with. Misplaced anger is useless.
QuinnMae
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM

It is inconsiderate.  It tells you that they think their time is more valuable than yours.  They fail to consider that you and other employees that stay late may be paying for child care and going over your time can be extremely costly.

Are you a manager?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM
I agree. Its driven me crazy for years.

Quoting Anonymous: The reason you have people stay past closing time is because of that idiot policy of not announcing the store is about to close. People by nature don't read those signs posted in the window or on the door. Or what you can do, if they won't change policy, lock the doors 30 minutes early
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)