Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband/wife

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Just something I want ot get off my chest.... Why do some couples call their bf/gf their husband/wife. I dont like it. I think its kind of trashy. When you sign that dotted line and make those vows then you can do it.  That is all...

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovetoteachec
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:12 PM
True.
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Why do you care?

I think for some it just sounds juvenile or doesn't fit to say boyfriend or girlfriend. Especially when you're middle aged or been together forever.
redneck.crazy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Does it have an impact on your life? No? Get over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazygirl907
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Maybe because people treat them differently if they are out with kids and say this is my boyfriend. I have seem it first hand. People judge and it's easier to say they are married than deal with the side glances and comments. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't need a piece of paper to make those vows. I don't need a piece of paper to decide I'm spending the rest of my life with someone. It's just a piece of paper. Just because you sign that dotted line, doesn't ensure you'll spend the rest of your lives together. The only difference is the legal benefits you'll receive, but it doesn't change how you feel in your heart. I personally don't think it's any of your business if I consider my boyfriend of many years my husband. I don't mean that to sound rude. And I understand your point of view, legally he isn't my husband. But what we call one another is totally up to us. For clarification, I don't call him my husband. I've been married once, he turned into an asshole, I stood by my vows regardless, he filed for divorce, I was out an insane amount of money. Which is why I will most likely never be legally married again. I do want to spend my life with one person however, I just don't want to be out thousands of dollars if he changes his mind. Vows are something you make in your heart, and have.nothing to do with a piece of paper, in my opinion.
PeppermintyTea
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Doesn't bother me, but I guess we all have our random annoyances.
LyTe684
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:28 PM
You don't have to like it. It's their life.
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
This topic has been played out.
kay283
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM
How does what they call their s/o affect you exactly?
theTosh.O
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

because they say it's just a stupid piece of paper, yet they want the perks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)