• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher problems...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I sent in all the supplies on the list as requested on the first day of school. However last week three days in a row the teacher took a pen and pencil out of my sons notebook (I always kept a pen and pencil in my daughters notebook to have handy for doing homework and they were never stolen but DSs are!). Another thing, I sent in snack and juice for the whole class Friday (granola bars and apple juice), my son told me that Friday his teacher didn't give him a snack (raisins) because she ran out? Wtf. I'm starting to get pissed, but I don't know if I should email or not... What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I would email the teacher. If you're sending in things your child should be getting things. Not to mention it isn't fair that some of the class gets snack time and the others dont.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I'd be calling the principal
km1970
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I would email the teacher and find out what is really going on. Kids aren't always accurate when they tell "teacher" stories. If after talking to her, you find out your child was accurate in his description then proceed accordingly.

desertlvn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Did you send a note with the snack? I've had students bring stuff in and be really bad about communicating what it was for, so I tucked it aside to deal with later.

I'd just send the teacher a friendly email letting her know how much your son is enjoying class and letting her know that you have a couple small questions.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I'd send her an email asking for an explanation.  Then depending on the explanation, I might get the principal involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:28 PM
It was enough snack for 20 kids and son didn't come home with it so surely they knew...

Quoting desertlvn: Did you send a note with the snack? I've had students bring stuff in and be really bad about communicating what it was for, so I tucked it aside to deal with later.

I'd just send the teacher a friendly email letting her know how much your son is enjoying class and letting her know that you have a couple small questions.
desertlvn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:32 PM
No. Quantity of food items does not equate good communication. You need to provide good communication. She would have thought the food was for the teacher's lounge, for students who forget lunches, for an upcoming birthday, for a fundraiser......

Quoting Anonymous: It was enough snack for 20 kids and son didn't come home with it so surely they knew...

Quoting desertlvn: Did you send a note with the snack? I've had students bring stuff in and be really bad about communicating what it was for, so I tucked it aside to deal with later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM
They sent an email asking us to send snack for the class, so I did. How could that be confused?

Quoting desertlvn: No. Quantity of food items does not equate good communication. You need to provide good communication. She would have thought the food was for the teacher's lounge, for students who forget lunches, for an upcoming birthday, for a fundraiser......

Quoting Anonymous: It was enough snack for 20 kids and son didn't come home with it so surely they knew...

desertlvn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Lol..... How was I supposed to know that???

Just give her a friendly email. Communicate nicely, and chances are the problems will be resolved.

Quoting Anonymous: They sent an email asking us to send snack for the class, so I did. How could that be confused?

Quoting desertlvn: No. Quantity of food items does not equate good communication. You need to provide good communication. She would have thought the food was for the teacher's lounge, for students who forget lunches, for an upcoming birthday, for a fundraiser......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)