Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have a puppy!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I wasn't planning on this at this point, but DH and the kids were looking at dogs for my parents and found one for us, instead.

She's a total mutt. Apparently her parents were crossbreeds. Mom was 1/2 black Lab, 1/2 pittbull. Dad was half blue heeler, half red heelers (not sure if that's considered crossbred, but whatever, right?). She's a cute little thing, for now. She weighs about 6 pounds. I haven't weighed her in a few days, so that's a guess. She has slightly long black fur with just a couple of white spots, one on her chin, the other on the very tip of her tail. She's very good natured and loves to chew anything we let her chew. She's got a few toys we're trying to redirect her to. And, of course, we have to potty train her. She's only 7 weeks old. We need to take her down to get her checked out by the vet and find out when to start getting her her puppy shots.

Anyone have advice on a good dog training info source? She's a sweet little thing, right now, but she needs training for me to be able to live with her long term.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:19 PM

BUMP!

hobobaby
by ­čî║NonnieTumTum­čî║ on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Look up crate training. It's what I did and its the best way to potty train a puppy! I e had numerous dogs.

Good luck and congrats!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Thanks, I'll do that.

I've only had cats, before, so this is all new to me.

Quoting hobobaby: Look up crate training. It's what I did and its the best way to potty train a puppy! I e had numerous dogs. Good luck and congrats!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)