Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crescent rolls.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
There are a lot of recipes with crescent rolls that require the crescent rolls to be fully intact. So the few times I use them I end up squishing the perforated precut parts together.
Is there a crescent roll type pastry already in one big solid piece?
For example tonight I made chicken and veggies in a cream of chicken soup wrapped in crescent roll dough. It burst out a couple of the perforated edges. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmyboysjj
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I've seen them at the grocery store. They are by the crescent rolls and they say seem less on them. They cost a little bit more than the ones with seems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Oh sweet! Why haven't I seen these in stores?

Quoting Anonymous: http://www.pillsbury.com/-/media/PB/Images/products/crescents/recipe-creations.ashx?mh=320&mw=500
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:35 PM

yes, pillsbury now sells crescent sheets in the refrigerator section, you'll just have to look for the special tube.  I haven't used them before, so I can't vouch for how well they work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Well that sucks. This is one if my cheapest meals. I don't want to pay more. I need to find other dough for this.

Quoting luvmyboysjj: I've seen them at the grocery store. They are by the crescent rolls and they say seem less on them. They cost a little bit more than the ones with seems.
luvmyboysjj
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM
I wanna say maybe it was a $1 more or so...so not too much.

Quoting Anonymous: Well that sucks. This is one if my cheapest meals. I don't want to pay more. I need to find other dough for this.

Quoting luvmyboysjj: I've seen them at the grocery store. They are by the crescent rolls and they say seem less on them. They cost a little bit more than the ones with seems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Crescent roll dough is actually very easy to make. If you do that, you can cut them whatever shape you like!

They also sell the unperforated sheets in the grocery stores sometimes. I usually see them around holidays.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Must be kind of new? I was in a hurry this morning when I was shopping. I didn't see them. But I didn't really look either.

Quoting ff-princess:

yes, pillsbury now sells crescent sheets in the refrigerator section, you'll just have to look for the special tube.  I haven't used them before, so I can't vouch for how well they work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:39 PM
How do you make it? I'm willing, but I'm not real skilled with baking yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Crescent roll dough is actually very easy to make. If you do that, you can cut them whatever shape you like!

They also sell the unperforated sheets in the grocery stores sometimes. I usually see them around holidays.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:41 PM

This is the easiest recipe I've found.

http://thisweekfordinner.com/2011/04/28/easy-homemade-rolls/

Quoting Anonymous: How do you make it? I'm willing, but I'm not real skilled with baking yet.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN