Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My X took the kids for a bit over summer.

Typically, he sends both his and the boys' flight itinerary when making plans. This year he didn't send it.

Ok, whatever floats your boat buddy. The kids get back tomorrow night at 11P, he even apologized in the email about the late arrival.

So, I've made plans with my parents to pick them up tomorrow at 11P. I rescheduled work so I didn't work late tomorrow, I also took the following day off so I could spend the day with them.

Well, X calls TODAY saying his flight doesn't leave until the folllowing evening so he was going to just get a hotel with them. He asked if I'd pick them up the next afternoon.

Really? Really? I feel bad but I'm picking them up. Had he just sent the whole itinerary, I would've assumed and asked but I did a lot of leg work to ensure I was there.

......sorry just had to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:02 PM
I'd tell him you already made plans, and rearranged your work schedule so you want to pick them up. Maybe you all can do something together with the boys before he leaves the next day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I would suck it up and let them spend one more day with there dad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Yea, shouldn't have got divorced

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:05 PM
I did tell him I was picking them up but I'm worried he's going to bad mouth me to the kids.

I'd be more than happy to play nice for the kids on the following day, but it's all a competition to him. It's really sad.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd tell him you already made plans, and rearranged your work schedule so you want to pick them up. Maybe you all can do something together with the boys before he leaves the next day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Then don't engage in the competition. It takes two to play games.

Quoting Anonymous: I did tell him I was picking them up but I'm worried he's going to bad mouth me to the kids.

I'd be more than happy to play nice for the kids on the following day, but it's all a competition to him. It's really sad.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd tell him you already made plans, and rearranged your work schedule so you want to pick them up. Maybe you all can do something together with the boys before he leaves the next day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:08 PM
I would have if I had any notice.

Quoting Anonymous: I would suck it up and let them spend one more day with there dad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Lol. I was just going to say this:

Quoting Anonymous: Then don't engage in the competition. It takes two to play games.

Quoting Anonymous: I did tell him I was picking them up but I'm worried he's going to bad mouth me to the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Can he drop them off?

He should have let you know sooner. Rescheduling leave from work can be tough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM
I don't. They have their relationship with him and I'm fine with that.

I have tried in the past to get along with him but its not worth the effort so I just no longer speak to or about him.

Quoting Anonymous: Then don't engage in the competition. It takes two to play games.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:15 PM
He won't have a vehicle here.

Quoting Anonymous: Can he drop them off?

He should have let you know sooner. Rescheduling leave from work can be tough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)