Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

some people are just a**holes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
So, I'm a cashier. I see a lot of stuff. Some stuff in just let roll off my shoulder but this, I have to vent about...

I was working and this nice African American kid was bagging for me and we had a Mexican couple come through with 2 older kids and a little kid probably around 16-20 months or so. The kid was sitting in the front of the cart eating chips. While I was scanning the customers stuff and the kid was bagging, the little boy takes chips out of the bag he had and throws them at my bagger!! And the parents look at the kid and look at my bagger and then laugh. I finished their order and they left, didn't apologize or offer to pick up the mess the kid made or anything!! Wtf is wrong with some people?? My kid might bug me when we go to the store but he never bothers other people and he Damn sure knows better then to do that kind of stuff. Even if he did something like that, I would make HIM apologize and clean up the mess. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

What would you have done if you were me? Or if you were the bagger? What if it was your child who threw the food and made the mess??
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Omg I would have made my kid clean the mess and apologize the entire time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM
If that was my child, they'd be apologizing and cleaning it up themselves. There's no reason for that type of behavior. I'd also be apologizing profusely.
Crashly
by Ashley on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Considering you are in customer service, you can't say anything,ever. Or you get fired pretty much.

That kiddo shouldn't have done that and the parents should've apologized and taken care of the issue.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM
This exactly.

Quoting Crashly: Considering you are in customer service, you can't say anything,ever. Or you get fired pretty much.

That kiddo shouldn't have done that and the parents should've apologized and taken care of the issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd would be told to apologize & pick up her mess, she'd loose access to her electronics too. As a cashier I'd at least say " that was pretty rude"
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM
My kid would be cleaning up the mess and I would have felt horrible!!! My kid would have gotten in huge trouble
theTosh.O
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a question.

Why did it seem pertinent to mention that your bagger was African American and that the couple was Mexican?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:35 PM

What is a litter kid?  And why the info about race??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Quoting theTosh.O:

I have a question.

Why did it seem pertinent to mention that your bagger was African American and that the couple was Mexican?

I wanted to see if anybody says it might have been a racist thing, that maybe they didn't care because he was a black kid or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:41 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)