Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I found the perfect house! Then I found out who lives over on the next street. :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
I found THE perfect house today. I was so excited and showing dh the pictures of the house. Then I looked over at Google maps next to it. The woman dh cheated on me with lives on the next street over! I was sad to tell dh that we couldn't go look at it. I talked to my friend and she said I shouldn't pass up a house because of that.

Then dh chimed in and said I am way better than she is. He also informed me that while I will be a house owner she will still be living in her parents basement with her 2 kids.

Yes I forgave dh and I moved on. It would drive me crazy though to know she is a street over and her kid (youngest) would go to school with mine.

Should I pass up this perfect house or should I go look at it?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SithMom71
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If it is going to stress you out so much that that will be the only thing you can think about, then yes, find another house. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
A house is not worth your relationship.
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

pick another house...havent even started the paperwork to buy the house and already it comes with baggage and potential drama, so not worth it.

gradysmom2006
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Pass. It will eat you up. There are tons of houses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

No matter what your DH says now at one point he slept with her, I would be suspicious of any urging from him to move into that house. I wouldn't move there.

jatctt
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Pass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I would keep looking, if you wouldn't have to see her at school than maybe.  but it wouldn't be my dream house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
That's tough. I forgave my husband for cheating but I don't think I could be in such close proximity to the other woman with so many chances of running into her.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
There are so many houses out there! Keep looking for one that doesn't come with drama. For all you know, she may walk her dog around that block every day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
It wouldn't be worth the stress to me. It might cause more problems in your relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)